550xp first tank ...

/ 550xp first tank ... #21  
So whats the deal with the diagnostic tool for the new autotunes? Can you make any adjustments like max rpm? I know you can test the fuel solenoids, get runtimes and "reset" the computer so it will re-learn if you do any mods, but what else can it do, what data can you pull form the computer and is it necessary for routine maintenance?

Im really liking the 550, but not if a $250 diag tool is required for ongoing maintenance or minor mods.
The diag tool is not needed for the 'normal' guy. Only for extreme chainsaw nuts. :D

/ 550xp first tank ... #22  
The diag tool is not needed for the 'normal' guy. Only for extreme chainsaw nuts. :D

what functions does it provide? I just might be extreme enough to need them...:number1:

/ 550xp first tank ... #24  
The reviews on the 562 and 550 sound good. But I must say I am not ready to buy a computerized chain saw yet. Of course I have no desire to buy a tier 4 diesel tractor either. That is precisely why I upgraded several pieces of my equipment, including chain saws, before all this technology is all you can buy. These are tools that I plan on having a good while, I want stuff I can fix most of the problems myself.

/ 550xp first tank ... #25  
It's a tool to diagnose auto tune saws with problems. Reset computer, etc.

Oh yeah, I understand that. But what is the actual information it can provide?

Does it give RPM while running? Can it store or generate error codes? Give troubleshooting suggestions? Can you modify the fuel curve?

Seems to me it would just provide the bare minimums. There are no sensors on the engine are there? Like O2?

/ 550xp first tank ...
Scoob , I just got the thing today . I'll let you know exactly what it does as I get used to using it .
But , you don't need one to own and run the 5 series saws , I'm just kind of a dweeb on getting new stuff .
I can't afford fast cars , airplanes , boats , or women , so I picked up the bad habit of being interested in saws. I'm pretty sure that if they come out with a 590 xp or a 595xp , I'll be sorely tempted . Heck , I'm debating getting a ms460r before they go away even though I don't like the dealer at all . ;-)

/ 550xp first tank ... #27  
Nixon you will have less headaches from saws than women would be my 2 cents worth

/ 550xp first tank ...
Nixon you will have less headaches from saws than women would be my 2 cents worth

On the off chance that my wife could read this forum , you really don't think I'm going to answer that statement , do you ? ;<)

/ 550xp first tank ... #29  
Nixon, I think saws are cheaper than women... A chainsaw cant take half your stuff:D

I look forward to the update on the saw computer's capabilities, thanks

/ 550xp first tank ... #30  
See you already know the right answer if you are married Nixon.. I was married for a long while and not right now so I can get away with the statements.