5530 and rotary cutter size...

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #11  
Amstaff,

Yes. First two years no loss of gear oil.

idaho2

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size...
Idaho2,

Did you opt for the chain guard?

Amstaff

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #13  
Couple more pics...

The overgrown pasture was loaded with thistle over 6' tall. The tractor/mower cut right through everything without flinching. This was different then when I used my Kubota L4400 which would bog down in the heavy stuff. With the Mahindra, I could simply set the RPMs and go with no worries.

View attachment 276176View attachment 276177
For your sake, I sure hope I'm not looking at Canada thistle.

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #14  
Amstaff,

No. Plan to order next spring. Cost about 800.00 for both front and rear.

idaho2

For your sake, I sure hope I'm not looking at Canada thistle.

Not sure what kind of thistle it is. After a quick search, it does not appear to be Canada thistle. I can tell you it was over 6' tall in places and has spikes all over it. Not fun to work in. Maybe Scotch thistle? I think I mowed everything, but I'll look and see if there is a survivor or two that can help me I.D. it.

Amstaff,

No. Plan to order next spring. Cost about 800.00 for both front and rear.

idaho2

When mine was delivered, I had asked about the chains. I was told that the front and back were somewhere around $160 each. He did not have his info in front of him, so he could very well be way off on his estimate. I will give him a call tomorrow and ge ta better idea.

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #17  
If your sales person is possibly correct I'll be needing to talk to them.

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #18  
Not sure what kind of thistle it is. After a quick search, it does not appear to be Canada thistle. I can tell you it was over 6' tall in places and has spikes all over it. Not fun to work in. Maybe Scotch thistle? I think I mowed everything, but I'll look and see if there is a survivor or two that can help me I.D. it.

Canada thistle will have side shoots which run in a horizontal fashion, and the smallest piece broken off when cultivated, will reproduce. Canada thistle is the only member of the family which doesn't have a typical root system. From the picture you posted, I don't think it is Canada thistle. Canada Thistle

If your sales person is possibly correct I'll be needing to talk to them.

Well, no need to get in touch with my guy... I called this morning to have hime look up the cost of front and rear chains. He was way off on what he guessed when he delivered the Kodiak! $485 for the front, $375 for the rear!!!! Ouch.

/ 5530 and rotary cutter size... #20  
Amstaff,

That confirms the price I was quoted out here plus shipping. Since the holes are already on the mower, I think I need to get a stick welder and make my own. I'll buy the chain from a rigging supply shop and have the links cut to length, weld to angle iron and mount to the mower. I know I can do all this for less than total cost of the ready to mount set up.
Does your dealer have a set that you could see. I need to have a link length count and the size. 1/4" or "?". Then I can build it. Better yet, does anyone have a close up photo of a set.

idaho2