5530 vs 6530 - 4WD

/ 5530 vs 6530 - 4WD #11  
If you are considering the 5530/6530, you have no HST or PST option, just a clutch type shuttle. The 35 series has the HST or PST options, but they are smaller.

That clutch type shuttle works fine, unless you have a bunch of close quarters type of back and forth loader work...in that instance you get tired of clutching pretty fast. For the average farm duty, a clutch type shuttle is simple and strong.

/ 5530 vs 6530 - 4WD #12  
Some may tire of it,but I have no problem with clutching my shuttle even in tight quarters..Of course I was used to a lot of older tractors(hit clutch..find reverse... clutch... find first etc..all while manipulating the fel..and (hand throttle) with out a foot throttle to make it easier)While I don't have the 55 or 65 I did buy the 4530,which has done anything I have asked it to do and more. Has done more than a lot of higher horse power tractors that I have owned over the year's. Primary uses for mine is fel work,brush hogging ,drive maintenance ,haying,moving round bales, basically an all around farm tractor.I personally chose the 30 series because I wanted a tractor..(no digs at anyone else's choice )I didn't need a cup holder ,or all the newest ergonomic amenities..I wanted a heavy, well built,ground engaging tractor that would do what I required of it. The few thing's that bugged me ? I changed them...for instance..I didn't like the position of the shuttle shift(I had to reach to far to shift it comfortably from forward to reverse. I fabbed a new one, to the reach I wanted, and kept the old factory one for later. All in all I have not been disappointed..just my :2cents:
Regard's
Sean