555dtc rear brake boot

/ 555dtc rear brake boot #1  

FF/P

Tractor
Montana 555dtc
I have a Montana 555dtc with a leaking rear brake boot. When the tractor is running it sprays hydraulic fluid out under pressure. My question is should the rear axle have pressure? If not is there a vent that might be clogged or should I be looking for something else? While I have experience working on engines, working on tractors is new to me. Thank you for your input.

/ 555dtc rear brake boot #2  
I have a Montana 555dtc with a leaking rear brake boot. When the tractor is running it sprays hydraulic fluid out under pressure. My question is should the rear axle have pressure? If not is there a vent that might be clogged or should I be looking for something else? While I have experience working on engines, working on tractors is new to me. Thank you for your input.

Typically there should not be any pressure in the transmission housing or axle area where the wet brakes are usually located. I do not know your model well but if you include some pictures of where the leak is and also let us know if it is a geared or hst transmission, someone here might be able to chime in.

/ 555dtc rear brake boot
It’s geared, not hydrostatic. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpeg
    IMG_0729.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
   / 555dtc rear brake boot
Better pic

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16