5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #1  

RotorWrench

Tractor
Holder C5000 Toolcat 5600
Does anyone know if there is an actual recommended max draw weight for the 3 point hitch. I know there is a max 3 point lift weight but I can't seem to find what the max load you can pull with the 3 point hitch. The max recommended tow weight for the TC is 4000lbs but that's with the receiver hitch. Any help would be appreciated.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #2  
I could not find any numbers for the pulling capacity of the 3 point. Being that the 3pt and receiver are all part of the same weldment structure, I would think that it would be a similar rating. :unsure:

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #3  
3 point hitches are not for pulling, they are for lifting and positioning an implement. I never, never pull anything with mine, what the drawbar is for. Besides, pulling with a 3PH puts the geometry of any pull above the centerline of the rear axle and once you put that pull force above the rear axle centerline, bad things can happen and quickly.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #4  
Besides, pulling with a 3PH puts the geometry of any pull above the centerline of the rear axle and once you put that pull force above the rear axle centerline, bad things can happen and quickly.
True for tractors. Not a problem for Toolcats:

P5150023.JPG
P5150025.JPG
P5150028.JPG

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #5  
If you say so.. Looks to me like the pictured one is a bit shy on remotes as well. Don't have one and in my case don't want one. Not applicable for what I do and certainly not big enough power wise or tire wise either.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load
3 point hitches are not for pulling, they are for lifting and positioning an implement. I never, never pull anything with mine, what the drawbar is for. Besides, pulling with a 3PH puts the geometry of any pull above the centerline of the rear axle and once you put that pull force above the rear axle centerline, bad things can happen and quickly.
That's my concern, the geometry and lift arm/top link attach points. But I should have been more specific. I mean pulling using a draw bar attached to the 3 point. 3 points are designed for towing and lifting implements.

My concern is that I'll be using a 3 point drawbar type attachment for the purpose of using suitcase ballast weights. The attachment also has a receiver hitch, of which I see many people using for pulling trailers and drag implements with, as designed, with no problems. But my only true use of that receiver hitch would be to pull people out that often get stuck on my road in the winter, most often failing to make a steep switchback turn and usually sliding back into a ditch. I'd be pulling their vehicle out of a ditch uphill.

That has never been a problem for my Holder as the 3 points on it are cat 2 and have no issues pulling 5000lb+ loads using the drawbar.

The TC has a cat1 3 point and I wonder if I would be better off using the frame receiver instead of the drawbar receiver for that purpose. I question if the TC 3 point components can handle pulling that weight. I would prefer using the drawbar receiver out of simplicity but can raise the drawbar up and use the factory frame receiver if necessary.

FWIW, I know the TC tow weight is only 4000 lbs but I've found with most rolling resistance and when done in temporary and very short durations, most tow loads can be substantially exceeded as long as the tongue weight is within limits.

I don't know if the TC 3 point lift limit is based on the hydraulic components or the lift arms and attach points. If it's based on the lift arm strength and attach points then I should definitely not pull that much weight with it, being the lift limit is only 1775lbs.

Opinions appreciated

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #7  
Gee, all the plowing I did years ago with a 3pt 3 bottom plow was not pulling? Also, the 3pt weighted disk was pulling.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #8  
If you say so.. Looks to me like the pictured one is a bit shy on remotes as well. Don't have one and in my case don't want one. Not applicable for what I do and certainly not big enough power wise or tire wise either.
They come standard with 2 remotes and can easily add 2 more with a simple kit.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #9  
My concern is that I'll be using a 3 point drawbar type attachment for the purpose of using suitcase ballast weights. The attachment also has a receiver hitch, of which I see many people using for pulling trailers and drag implements with, as designed, with no problems. But my only true use of that receiver hitch would be to pull people out that often get stuck on my road in the winter, most often failing to make a steep switchback turn and usually sliding back into a ditch. I'd be pulling their vehicle out of a ditch uphill.
I have used my TC for pulling trees and pulling neighbors stuck cars. I have used the 3pt, receiver, and the front tow hook. If there will be a side load, I'll try to use the receiver or front hook because they are a solid attachment. When pulling trees, I like using the 3pt so I can raise the trunk to keep it from digging in. The biggest trees being about 18" diameter. The front hook allows you to see what you are pulling.

/ 5610 Rear 3 Point Draw Load #10  
If you say so.. Looks to me like the pictured one is a bit shy on remotes as well.
I use the aux hydraulics on the lift arm.
The 7' brush hog:
P5250024.JPG

P5260002.JPG

The view from the seat:
P5280003.JPG

And for the grapple:

PC030018.JPG

PC030022.JPG

PC030031.JPG