59' 730 Diesel Electrical issue

/ 59' 730 Diesel Electrical issue #1  

wmaburnett

Good afternoon, I have a 1959 John Deere 730 Diesel with the Pony Motor, I installed a new wiring harness and battery about a month ago and everything was working great, Then one day I parked the tractor in the barn and two days later I went to start the pony motor and it wouldnt even turn over no click, I suspected the battery was dead but I charged it and had it checked and it was in good shape, Normally when I turn the switch to the start position before I press the start button it shows 6 amps being drawn on the amp meter, now when I turn the switch the amp meter registers zero doesnt even move, do you think it could be a bad switch or something more serious, all wire connections are tight and intact. Any thoughts would be helpful as its alomst time to cut some hay.
Thanks for your help!
~Billy B

/ 59' 730 Diesel Electrical issue #2  
Pull the Wico distributer cover and take a wiff. It's possible somebody left the electrical switch on the starting engine position and smoked the coils.

/ 59' 730 Diesel Electrical issue #3  
wmaburnett
I would think there would none to minimal draw when ign switch was turned on if the dist. points weren't together. With ign switch turned to on position do you have electricity at the coil supply wire??

/ 59' 730 Diesel Electrical issue
Thanks for the replys, I will check into this stuff as soon as I get home and will get back to you, Thanks for the help!