5hr work in the woods today

/ 5hr work in the woods today
All I noticed was that the tractor looked spotlessly clean! Did you clean before taking pictures?

MoKelly

MoKelly

Alway bring a towel to wipe it down. Just use to doing that on the farm nothing like sticking your hand in cow crap and piss all over the tractor when you are trying to work. I guess it's a habit I will never break.

/ 5hr work in the woods today #13  
Hey grsthegreat ---great looking team. Are they Haflilngers? They are beautiful. Must be fun, I am envious.

Norwegian Fjords..... love them to death

/ 5hr work in the woods today #14  
Not trying to hijack here but I was curious why the skidding of logs off from a 3pt implement is different than skidding them behind a wood winch. I assume both ways allow you to raise the butt ends up off the ground and go?

Not trying to hijack here but I was curious why the skidding of logs off from a 3pt implement is different than skidding them behind a wood winch. I assume both ways allow you to raise the butt ends up off the ground and go?

I don't see a issue chain was rap around them and there hitting the rear blade with a slit raise of the blade. I been doing it that way sense I was a kid . The assume way my gramp did it the only different is he bolted a jeep winch to his. Why spend I a lot of money on a logging winch.

/ 5hr work in the woods today #16  
I don't see a issue chain was rap around them and there hitting the rear blade with a slit raise of the blade. I been doing it that way sense I was a kid . The assume way my gramp did it the only different is he bolted a jeep winch to his. Why spend I a lot of money on a logging winch.

I agree, that is just good old Maine woods ingenuity. We have always been known to do things a little different in order to save money. It might not be pretty, right, or safe, but it gets the job done.:thumbsup:

I agree, that is just good old Maine woods ingenuity. We have always been known to do things a little different in order to save money. It might not be pretty, right, or safe, but it gets the job done.:thumbsup:

I wish I kept my welder so I can weld a plate on the rear blade and a box so I could mount a jeep winch to it to pull the trees out

/ 5hr work in the woods today #18  
Norwegian Fjords..... love them to death

Is that you with the team? I am so envious. I would love a team of oxen but can not justify the expense. Not enough acres here to keep them busy.
I still have this nostalgic/romantic vision of horse/oxen and logging/work etc... then my wife brings me back to reality about the upkeep etc.

Oh well... my hat off to you...

Lloyd

/ 5hr work in the woods today #19  
Is that you with the team? I am so envious. I would love a team of oxen but can not justify the expense. Not enough acres here to keep them busy.
I still have this nostalgic/romantic vision of horse/oxen and logging/work etc... then my wife brings me back to reality about the upkeep etc.

Oh well... my hat off to you...

Lloyd

yup....my team.

love them to pieces. i actually enjoy taking care of them.

and the snowblower helps keep the stalls clean of poo in the winter......hehe

/ 5hr work in the woods today #20  
man that is awesome ..