$5k enough?

/ $5k enough? #11  
You might want to look far a famall/ih cub or cub low boy, you can get one with a 60" belly mower for your lawn mowing. It would also do some decent work for you. Usually you see them 2500 and up with attachments.

/ $5k enough? #12  
What Earthmaster1 said....see attached pic.

Attachments

• 46-209425-Pb030061.jpg
    46-209425-Pb030061.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 89
   / $5k enough? #13  
<font color=blue>Oh yeah, what is a drag mower?

<font color=black>A drag mower is one that is self powered by a small gas engine, and can be pulled behind atv's, or behind riding lawn mowers. Many have adjustable towing arms that can be offset, so that your rider mower mows a strip, and the drag mower mows the strip next to it.

So for the price of a cheap rider.. like an 800$ 42" murry, and a cheap drag mower, like an 42-48" 700-800 TSC model, you can usually mow over a 7' strip... but still.. I prefer a tractor. Heck, before I had a bushhog, I pulled my drag mower behind my yanmar 1700.. I think the yanmar was insulted.. but what the heck.

Also, check for used tractors at your local dealers... I got a great deal on my NH 1920.

I attatched a pic of a dragmower.

Soundguy

Attachments

• 46-209447-mower2.gif
    46-209447-mower2.gif
    24 KB · Views: 123
   / $5k enough? #14  
Why don’t you take a look at these websites. Might give you an idea of what $5K will buy.

http://www.machinerylink.com

/ $5k enough?
I got this unit for around 5K new, I own 3.5a and do rotary cutting 5' KK, 6' disc, and pull a finish mower.

Attachments

• 46-209483-mytractor.jpg
    46-209483-mytractor.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 95
   / $5k enough? #17  
No, Woodbeef, much further south. I'm within 5 miles of the New York border. Why, been there?

/ $5k enough? #18  
i started out with an old ford 2 n front end loader, cost $3200. added a rear mower $1100. IT WORKED OK. MOVED SNOW, CUT GRASS, PUSHED SOME DIRT. is it as good as a newer 4wd, better hydraulics, power steering and hydro? NOPE IT IS NOT. but it will get the job done and in your price range. any tractor is better than no tractor. in MHO/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ $5k enough? #19  
You can have a lot of fun for $5k in the world of tractors. I have a kubota B6000E (which happens to be for sale) with a belly mower and tiller, I have the unit listed for $3500 right now, so you would potentially have money left over for implements or even a cheap rider if you wanted. If I were in your position, I would look for a smaller kubota B5100, B6000, B6100, B6200. Often these tractors will have a MMM, and they are usually owned by homeowners for grass mowing -so they are usually in good condition. With no implements these tractors start around $2500 up to $6000 for something 4WD possibly with a FEL. While I do not do my finish mowing with the B6000 - it could be done easily. The best part is that these things are super well built, and with a 3pt hitch you can do alot of other work (box blade, rear scoop etc). Good luck and have some fun.

/ $5k enough? #20  
Back in August I got a mid 80's Kubota B7100 with 227 hours on it for $4500. It also came with a front end loader and rear finish mower. For $148 I had Kubota add the retro-fit ROPS bar and seat belts for it as well. I added a 3ph post hole digger for about $500 from Tractor Supply Company and I think my wife is getting me a little box blade for my birthday ( those run about $300 for a 5 foot one from Orscheln's or TSC ).

I just ordered a 3ph trailer hitch from those nice folks in Boaz Alabama for $55.....

Hmm I seem to have wandered off topic.

So look around, you can probably find something that will work well in your price range.