6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ?

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #11  
:confused2::confused2:

You wanna re-think that statement?

Voltage adds in series;)

Right, so two 12 volt motors in series would run correctly on 24 volts. But we don't have 24 volts, we have 6 volts, so you'd need two 3v motors to operate in series off a 6v battery.

You are right, though, the 12v motors wouldn't operate in parallel on 6v. I was thinking in terms of resistors, keeping a constant current.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #12  
Right, so two 12 volt motors in series would run correctly on 24 volts. But we don't have 24 volts, we have 6 volts, so you'd need two 3v motors to operate in series off a 6v battery.

You are right, though, the 12v motors wouldn't operate in parallel on 6v. I was thinking in terms of resistors, keeping a constant current.

Yup...My fault for not reading carefully enough. I thought you where referring to the two 6v battery suggestion. Sorry for the confusion:eek::ashamed:

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #13  
I'm still waiting for year and model ... I wonder if its a 6 volt ...

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #14  
Yup...My fault for not reading carefully enough. I thought you where referring to the two 6v battery suggestion. Sorry for the confusion:eek::ashamed:

No problem, I had myself confused as well. :confused2:

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ?
What a DOOFUS I am ! It IS a 12 Volt Gator, very sorry to have wasted everyone's time. I had just taken a quick look at the battery and as little as it was, I had assumed it was 6 volt. I even <thought> I had remembered counting the cells but obviously not. Ready for the home, I guess.

At least I am a happy camper now knowing I don't have to kludge anything together.

I assume I can run the pump off the Gator battery without frying the Gator's recharging circuit, right ? (Sorry, don't have the amperage requirement for the pump, but its just a little one for a 25 gallon sprayer, so I'm guessing an amp or so ?

Bob

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #16  
What a DOOFUS I am !

I assume I can run the pump off the Gator battery without frying the Gator's recharging circuit, right ? (Sorry, don't have the amperage requirement for the pump, but its just a little one for a 25 gallon sprayer, so I'm guessing an amp or so ?

Bob

Bob,

1. No comment.;)
2. As I recall, my 15 gallon sprayer pump is 2 amp. You shouldn't have any problem -- most of these sprayers are designed for ATVs & UTVs.

Steve

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #17  
Google a boost converter, its roughly a transformer for DC power.

Boost converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats the theory behind it, with a bit of learning, a trip to radio-shack and some soldering you can build yourself a 12V power source.

Though since P=VI has to be conserved, they're usually suited to low current applications, but i imagine your sprayer pump wouldn't draw TOO much.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #18  
run the 12 v pump at 6v.

it will pump about half as quick.

My farmer buddie carries a deep cycle 12v onthe front rack of his 4wheeler when he is out spot spraying roundup out of the 15 gal spayer on the back.

charge it with a bat charger once a month or sick a trickle charger on it and plug it in every night.