6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father
So just because we all did dangerous things then this guys gets a pass putting his child in a dangerous situation. Ya don't blame the dad for being a moron because he lost his child. Sure everything's good here, c'mon kids lets all ride on a bouncing tractor unseat belted in, Whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee, it's Disneyland.

If the Dad drove that skid steer for more than two minutes he knew that it was a bucking bronco on wheels.

The Dad was wrong, and by the way, so was every parent or relative that put all of us in dangerous situations. As a child, we trust adults to keep us safe and make decisions to protect us.

We were lucky enough to survive and that doesn't make it right.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #22  
So just because we all did dangerous things then this guys gets a pass putting his child in a dangerous situation. Ya don't blame the dad for being a moron because he lost his child. Sure everything's good here, c'mon kids lets all ride on a bouncing tractor unseat belted in, Whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee, it's Disneyland.

If the Dad drove that skid steer for more than two minutes he knew that it was a bucking bronco on wheels.

The Dad was wrong, and by the way, so was every parent or relative that put all of us in dangerous situations. As a child, we trust adults to keep us safe and make decisions to protect us.

Bull,
Every single person I know that grew up farming was working and operating equipment either in their pre teen or early teen years.
We didn't trust adults to keep us safe, we where taught that our actions that we did were our responsibility and if we screwed up someone or something could and would suffer.
And I sure as heck don't blame the father, there is no need too, he will be blaming himself for the rest of his life, right or wrong.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #23  
Every situation should be considered on a case by case situation. And you will never get the real details unless you were there and knew the parties in question. Too much speculation. Too much emotion.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #24  

I don't disagree, and certainly the dad was responsible. I can't think of any punishment that would teach him a harder lesson.
Preventing accidents like this is important, but I don't believe that making this a crime would stop it.
Maybe send Dad out on a circuit telling the story so others don't do what he did ?

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #25  
I don't disagree, and certainly the dad was responsible. I can't think of any punishment that would teach him a harder lesson.
Preventing accidents like this is important, but I don't believe that making this a crime would stop it.
Maybe send Dad out on a circuit telling the story so others don't do what he did ?

Before we could punish him further (assuming that was even possible) we first would have to pass a law making what he did illegal. Then we would need to do away with ex post facto. Meanwhile the guy is already living in ****.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #26  
Before we could punish him further (assuming that was even possible) we first would have to pass a law making what he did illegal. Then we would need to do away with ex post facto. Meanwhile the guy is already living in ****.

Yep. Rather pointless.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #27  
Like I said, I can't think of anything that should be done against the dad. He's most definitely punishing himself.
My hope would be that if other people paid attention to this sort of tragedy, maybe they'd think twice and not do the same thing.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #28  
Like I said, I can't think of anything that should be done against the dad. He's most definitely punishing himself.
My hope would be that if other people paid attention to this sort of tragedy, maybe they'd think twice and not do the same thing.

I agree.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #29  
Several of us have posted similar sentiments.

/ 6 yo boy riding in a snowplow is killed in Aspen after falling from his father #30  
I lost a Son. Not directly because of something "we" were doing or anything I had taught him. But I still feel guilty. I should have done more. 25 years and counting. That pain is the same today as then. I have learned to control it rather than it control me. I call it the Roll Top Desk philosophy. I store my life in a Roll Top Desk. I open the Desk, look at the labeled drawers and open the ones I can handle. If I can't handle Eric's drawer today it remains shut.