Loader 60" or 72" grapple rake on JD 110 TLB?

/ 60" or 72" grapple rake on JD 110 TLB? #11  
Couple things I see in those pictures, 1. a nice HD grapple (not mine), 2 a nicer (newer) 5085M than my 5410, and it has a cab, 3. You still got a lot of snow! We've lost all of our snow and it's supposed to be 60F tomorrow!

The pic is from a little while ago, so we have a little bit of snow still around. I believe my grapple was involved in a hit and run with a semi, though. Still puzzled how all of his other stuff is so nice and this grapple is a POS.

I'd go with the 60" grapple as well. There's a point where the nimbleness is nice. Plus, what is the extra 12" really getting you? It's not like it does anything better. You can still pick up the big logs and the small stick with either. The 72" is just a lot bigger and more unneeded/wanted weight IMO.

I wish it was a 5085M - settled on the 5075M. Until I get more land into production - the 75 matches up with all my implements just fine. (When I edged over $60K - it took a week or so before my wife's eyes settled back into the sockets!!) :D

Aagghh..! Lot's of snow - pretty sick of it, too! Still dropping below zero at night - up into the teens during the day. Ain't nothin' meltin' with temps like that.

I'd betcha the previous owner - or crew - tried to use the grapple to root out some rocks! And with some push from the tractor and a bit of up and down action on the loader to pry on the rock - bingo - the rock is wedged back into the rear of the tines and bent the crap outta 'em!

Alot depends on how you plan to work the grapple. What projects do you have in mind? Clearing trees and stumps => 12" IMO - narrow is better. Just brush cleanup. Rose bushes, willows, shrubs - get a 72" and go for it!

Anytime you're gonna be working down into the ground and digging roots, stumps - really working the loader and the grapple - go with something that matches up with the loader arms.

Less chance of tweeking or springing your loader.

AKfish