60" or 72" ????

/ 60" or 72" ???? #1  

Hoosier3030

Tractor
B3030
60\" or 72\" ????

I am in the market for the Kubota belly mower that I will run on my B3030. Has anyone had direct experience with the 60" and 72" decks? My dealership keeps pushing the 60" because they do a better job; according to them. I have mowed my 3 acres w/ my uncles 2910 that has the 72" deck and I did not seem to have any problems with scalping, etc.. It seems that the wider would be better in most cases; plus it sticks out further than the 60" which allows you to get closer to obstacles. Im kinda leaning towards the 72" unless I am missing something else. Any suggestions, recomendations?

/ 60" or 72" ????
60\" or 72\" ????

I am in the market for the Kubota belly mower that I will run on my B3030. Has anyone had direct experience with the 60" and 72" decks? My dealership keeps pushing the 60" because they do a better job; according to them. I have mowed my 3 acres w/ my uncles 2910 that has the 72" deck and I did not seem to have any problems with scalping, etc.. It seems that the wider would be better in most cases; plus it sticks out further than the 60" which allows you to get closer to obstacles. Im kinda leaning towards the 72" unless I am missing something else. Any suggestions, recomendations?

/ 60" or 72" ???? #3  
Re: 60\" or 72\" ????

I have the 72" on my B3030HSDC and it works just fine. I am impressed with the job it did for me. No scalping. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 60" or 72" ???? #4  

I have the 72" on my B3030HSDC and it works just fine. I am impressed with the job it did for me. No scalping. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 60" or 72" ???? #5  

I have the 72" on my B2630 and it works great. I have has some scalping in the most uneven areas of my lawn. Raising the setting to 3 1/2 inches was enough to cure it. I chose the 72 because it hangs out beyond the tires. The 60 was too narrow for the tractor.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #6  

I have the 72" on my B2630 and it works great. I have has some scalping in the most uneven areas of my lawn. Raising the setting to 3 1/2 inches was enough to cure it. I chose the 72 because it hangs out beyond the tires. The 60 was too narrow for the tractor.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #7  

I'm running the 72" on an L3130 and have no performance issues. If I had it to do over, I'd attach the mower to the three point hitch. I hate taking the mower on and off, which has to be done for its maintenance and if I want to use any other attachment (including serious use of the loader). You lose some manueverability, but you'll cuss a lot less laying under the tractor trying to attach the mid PTO shaft.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #8  

I'm running the 72" on an L3130 and have no performance issues. If I had it to do over, I'd attach the mower to the three point hitch. I hate taking the mower on and off, which has to be done for its maintenance and if I want to use any other attachment (including serious use of the loader). You lose some manueverability, but you'll cuss a lot less laying under the tractor trying to attach the mid PTO shaft.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #9  

I had the same question when I bought my B3030. Finally I got a 60". No scalping for sure. I have some uneven spots and it does an excellent job. If, for any reason, you want to add a bagger one day, you can do it with a 60" not with a 72". If you want to do some job with a FEL with the belly mower mounted on it's easier in tight spots.

I guess the two most important questions are: What kind of terrain do you have (even or not)? Do you want a bagger or not? Flat land and no bagger would probably be a 72".

/ 60" or 72" ???? #10  

I had the same question when I bought my B3030. Finally I got a 60". No scalping for sure. I have some uneven spots and it does an excellent job. If, for any reason, you want to add a bagger one day, you can do it with a 60" not with a 72". If you want to do some job with a FEL with the belly mower mounted on it's easier in tight spots.

I guess the two most important questions are: What kind of terrain do you have (even or not)? Do you want a bagger or not? Flat land and no bagger would probably be a 72".