60" or 72" ????

/ 60" or 72" ????
Re: 60\" or 72\" ????

Really? You can only get a bagger for the 60" deck? I did not know this. I did have thoughts of a bagger some day. Thanks for the info. My terrain is mostly flat with gently rolling hills; I was really counting on the 72", but with no bagger I will have to ponder this one.....

/ 60" or 72" ????

Really? You can only get a bagger for the 60" deck? I did not know this. I did have thoughts of a bagger some day. Thanks for the info. My terrain is mostly flat with gently rolling hills; I was really counting on the 72", but with no bagger I will have to ponder this one.....

/ 60" or 72" ???? #13  

I've been told by a few different dealers & owners that the 72" can be a little unwieldy, can scalp (as others have pointed out) and in some cases you can actually make the same or better time with the 60". Plus, the 72" is at least $500 more, so you have to ask yourself if 12" and extra weight is worth it. I was surprised to see a majority of 72" owners in the replies because the dealers told me they rarely sell any. I would suspect that makes replacement parts more expensive too. To not just want to sell me the bigger more $$$ deck implies candid and honest remarks. Fwiw, myself, I'm planning on getting the 60" on a B3030. I also have a fair amount of crap to mow around, so the lack of total wide open spaces means the 72" might not reach full potential for me. No offense to the Six-Footers out there, just what I've been told/figured was best for me.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #14  

I've been told by a few different dealers & owners that the 72" can be a little unwieldy, can scalp (as others have pointed out) and in some cases you can actually make the same or better time with the 60". Plus, the 72" is at least $500 more, so you have to ask yourself if 12" and extra weight is worth it. I was surprised to see a majority of 72" owners in the replies because the dealers told me they rarely sell any. I would suspect that makes replacement parts more expensive too. To not just want to sell me the bigger more $$$ deck implies candid and honest remarks. Fwiw, myself, I'm planning on getting the 60" on a B3030. I also have a fair amount of crap to mow around, so the lack of total wide open spaces means the 72" might not reach full potential for me. No offense to the Six-Footers out there, just what I've been told/figured was best for me.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #15  

The biggest advantage of the 72" MMM is that the deck sticks out an additional 6". This allows you to get under and closer than the 60". Rear tire width with turf tires on a B3030 is 56". That only leaves 1 1/2" of cutting on each side of tractor. I have a 72" MMM on my B2910.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #16  

The biggest advantage of the 72" MMM is that the deck sticks out an additional 6". This allows you to get under and closer than the 60". Rear tire width with turf tires on a B3030 is 56". That only leaves 1 1/2" of cutting on each side of tractor. I have a 72" MMM on my B2910.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #17  

I've had the 60" and have the 72". They both do a fine job. The only negative comment i can make is the 72" is a little more likely to scalp on uneven surfaces but it's easy to control once i became aware of the problem.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #18  

I've had the 60" and have the 72". They both do a fine job. The only negative comment i can make is the 72" is a little more likely to scalp on uneven surfaces but it's easy to control once i became aware of the problem.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #19  

I have the 60" MMM on my B3030. It runs about even with the right side of the tractor and sticks out about 5"s on the left. It does work great for trimming though because on an inside turn to the right, the mower will follow the track of the left front wheel. That means that you can drive right next to something with the left front wheel and even in a full lock turn the mower will cut right up that point. The 72" probably will do that as well, but I am just pointing out that the 60" works fine for trimming around flower beds, walls, trees, etc.

After I had the 60" MMM for a while I thought about trading it in for a 72". I finally decided to keep the 60" since a 72" would be too big for my Vac system, which I converted from a 50" mower on my JD. I also thought that the 72" was "drive over" only. Reading some of the posts on this thread seems to indicate that it will roll out and under the tratctor as well. If it is drive over only then it would not be as handy for me since when I remove the mower I just roll it under my boat which is parked next the tractor in my my barn. A drive over only deck would require it's own storage area.

I am sure either deck will be fine. I am happy though with the 60". It does a great mowing job for me.

/ 60" or 72" ???? #20  

I have the 60" MMM on my B3030. It runs about even with the right side of the tractor and sticks out about 5"s on the left. It does work great for trimming though because on an inside turn to the right, the mower will follow the track of the left front wheel. That means that you can drive right next to something with the left front wheel and even in a full lock turn the mower will cut right up that point. The 72" probably will do that as well, but I am just pointing out that the 60" works fine for trimming around flower beds, walls, trees, etc.

After I had the 60" MMM for a while I thought about trading it in for a 72". I finally decided to keep the 60" since a 72" would be too big for my Vac system, which I converted from a 50" mower on my JD. I also thought that the 72" was "drive over" only. Reading some of the posts on this thread seems to indicate that it will roll out and under the tratctor as well. If it is drive over only then it would not be as handy for me since when I remove the mower I just roll it under my boat which is parked next the tractor in my my barn. A drive over only deck would require it's own storage area.

I am sure either deck will be fine. I am happy though with the 60". It does a great mowing job for me.