60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back)

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #11  
Gonna remove mine when I get home.I love my little tractor , now somebody help me get untangled an off this thing !

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #12  
Removed my seat stops as well, today. Quick easy modification. Thanks for the tip!

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back)
Such an easy fix...seems stupid that they even bothered to put it there. Although I think that the gas-tank line is in a terrible spot too (right behind your right arm next to/behind the seat) ! Seems like an easy thing to snag if you've got ***** there.

Gary, I have a feeling that the tabs are not on your tractor, looks like an entirely different seat. Side note, interesting thing I heard today from a NH Dealer I know... from what he understands, NH's contract thru LS is supposed to go to 2016. I find it odd that they currently sell nearly identical size tractors, the LS Boomers 40,45,50 and the Shibaura Boomers, 3240,45,50. Both with their anemic 250tl loaders. Anyhow, thought it was interesting.

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #14  
Such an easy fix...seems stupid that they even bothered to put it there. Although I think that the gas-tank line is in a terrible spot too (right behind your right arm next to/behind the seat) ! Seems like an easy thing to snag if you've got ***** there.

Gary, I have a feeling that the tabs are not on your tractor, looks like an entirely different seat. Side note, interesting thing I heard today from a NH Dealer I know... from what he understands, NH's contract thru LS is supposed to go to 2016. I find it odd that they currently sell nearly identical size tractors, the LS Boomers 40,45,50 and the Shibaura Boomers, 3240,45,50. Both with their anemic 250tl loaders. Anyhow, thought it was interesting.
Maybe they are testing the waters to see which one sell the best so they can cancel the worst seller. But likely they will stay with whoever gives them the best price, DOLLARS TALK.

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #15  
So many people complained about the LS re-badge it wasn't funny, just look through the site. Everyone thought the shibaura was such a superior tractor, they were complaining that NH was re-badging the LS tractors so they could make more money. The funny part was they though a re-badged shibaura was ok! The biggest complaint was about leg room. People will complain about anything, I think the biggest thing was that you could buy an LS same tractor for less but I don't think you could buy a shibaura unless it was a NH. Oh well just a thought, as to why they have both types. Could be wrong was once before too! :laughing:

I've sat on the Shibaura ones... I think Shibaura makes a fine tractor. I don't think at this point there's any advantage to it over the LS. I think Shibaura makes a fine diesel, I have a 27horse 3cyl Shibaura in my Ford CM272 front mower (made by Shibaura of course)... which needed a head gasket last year. But, this mower has untold thousands of hours on it (meter broken) and is a mid-90's mower, so not too shabby.

But, I think the Mitsu is a great diesel too. I'm still not completely happy with the "levers" layout on this LS, especially the loader joystick. I'm still brainstorming on where and how I want to relocate it. I'm also not happy with the foot-pedal position either, I would like them moved down a bit lower to the deck, but that's a relatively easy fix with some creative modifications which I'll check into this summer.

My connection says that New Holland is talking about trying to make their tractors from the ground up in the near future (likely they'll still buy an engine) so that'll be interesting. Maybe the LS & Shibaura contract is just a stop-gap until they get up and running.

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #17  
My connection says that New Holland is talking about trying to make their tractors from the ground up in the near future (likely they'll still buy an engine) so that'll be interesting. Maybe the LS & Shibaura contract is just a stop-gap until they get up and running.
I cant see them (that is any brand not currently building their own) going back into production as long as they can get a machine fabricated by someone else and to the quality they expect. It would cost them too much to do it AND the market share isn't there for everyone to make their own. All the small tractor makers have more capacity than they can sell under their own brand so they farm our the excess capacity to the other guys and just buy some different color paint. To be competitive, the factory would have to be someplace where labor is cheap so the obvious locations would be something like the Shibaura, LS, Yanmar, Mahindra etc are located which wouldn't gain them anything and maybe cause the prices to be much higher than they can currently sell them for which in turn would give the Shibaura, LS, Yanmar, Mahindra guys an even bigger share of the market without them having to invest any money.

I believe they built that "Boomer 8n" themselves a few years ago. Maybe that was a test run. The operators area looked nice, but it still had the weak 250tl loader.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #19  
Being length challenged, I have my 4010's seat a bit forward, and the tilt wheel back. I love the storage space behind the seat.

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #20  
Hey that's a great write up. When I get home this is the first thing I'm going to do. Thanks.