Buying Advice $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers????
Just be cautious on used... Check out the gearbox, could be real costly if someone is selling their problem.

My wife has already cautioned me. And without saying a word. When I went into the living room to tell her about, she gave me a look, like don't be stupid. I think it was equal parts about buying used and driving to Pensacola to get it.

It does look good, but why would you sell a LP for $700? There is a phone number and I will call him tomorrow. If he sounds on the up and up, I may be making a road trip.

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #22  
Congrats on that mower. There are circumstances that can produce some smokin' deals.

This may be of limited interest since it looks like you've solved your mower puzzle. Since it was so hot here I started the outside work later than normal yesterday. Here's a picture of the land next door I was talking about. As you can see the weeds sure took over. This is a cell phone from the seat of the 1210 dragging the 5' Caroni.

Field Mowing.JPG

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #23  
My wife has already cautioned me. And without saying a word. When I went into the living room to tell her about, she gave me a look, like don't be stupid. I think it was equal parts about buying used and driving to Pensacola to get it.

It does look good, but why would you sell a LP for $700? There is a phone number and I will call him tomorrow. If he sounds on the up and up, I may be making a road trip.

It sounds worth checking out. My Sitrex is over $3k new, and I grabbed it with the first bid at $1k....and lots of people were interested. Worst case, a new gearbox for that size mower is maybe $300-350, and you can pretty much see everything else you need to see visually.

Chim, those are some rank weeds there. If it wasn't for the distance, I would check into the Caroni.

Gman, my thoughts exactly. Even if the LP in Pensacola has had a recent paint job, it still looks solid. I called about it. The man was at work, but his wife will have him call me back. My problem at times like this, I work nights and weekends. Just the opposite of everyone else in the world. There is no way I could go Friday-Sunday, and if I go on Monday, it would have to be real early.

The fellow called back. He said he had already got 50+ calls about the mower. Now he is trying to sell the tractor and mower together for $3000, but he would sell them separate. He said one man is trying to line up a trailer right now, to get the mower. But if I tell him I want it, he will hold it for me. Two and a half hours drive to find out if he really will or not.

Here is a link. If I had a trailer handy, I would think about the combo. As it is, if I try to get the mower today, it will have to ride in the back of Mamma's truck. My brother in law is at work and his trailer is at his sod farm in Kinard.

Land Pride finish mower

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #26  
The fellow called back. He said he had already got 50+ calls about the mower. Now he is trying to sell the tractor and mower together for $3000, but he would sell them separate. He said one man is trying to line up a trailer right now, to get the mower. But if I tell him I want it, he will hold it for me. Two and a half hours drive to find out if he really will or not.

Here is a link. If I had a trailer handy, I would think about the combo. As it is, if I try to get the mower today, it will have to ride in the back of Mamma's truck. My brother in law is at work and his trailer is at his sod farm in Kinard.

Land Pride finish mower

That mower sure looks solid, and the price on the Ford is good too!

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #27  
The deck in that link looks different from any LP I'm familiar with. My guess is that it's an older one that has been refurbed. Could still be OK but it looks like there are homemade belt covers. I'd want to check it out closely before plunking the cash down.

The deck in that link looks different from any LP I'm familiar with. My guess is that it's an older one that has been refurbed. Could still be OK but it looks like there are homemade belt covers. I'd want to check it out closely before plunking the cash down.

I ask the man how old it was, and he never would tell me. He just said I wouldn't believe him if he did. So it must have some years on it. There were people in line ahead of me, so I didn't drive to Pensacola to look at it. I'm working tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. If nothing comes up by Monday, I think I will buy the 6' Cl from TSC. But I'm still looking at the used stuff on craigslist. I don't want to spend any more than I have to.

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #29  
If you mentioned how much mowing you are doing I must have missed it. If it's only a small amount of mowing I don't think brand or price matter is that big of a deal. If you mow a lot it is. I have owned three brands of RFM's. And I have owned some very bad ones that I purchased new.

/ $600 difference between Land Pride and Countyline 5' finish mowers???? #30  
my 2216 is rated 17.5 pto hp and has had no problems turning a 5' finishing mower. 6' might be pushing it but I would like to use one to see how it would turn it, if I could get my hands on one.