62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #1  

PLUMBER

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2520
62\" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE

It seems no matter how i adjust my deck height the right front guage wheel likes to turn itself sideways and dig a rut in the lawn has any one ever seen an after market wheel that looks like the older ones more like a ball than a wheel /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE
62\" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE

It seems no matter how i adjust my deck height the right front guage wheel likes to turn itself sideways and dig a rut in the lawn has any one ever seen an after market wheel that looks like the older ones more like a ball than a wheel /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #3  
Re: 62\" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE

Plumber,

Can you explain this a bit better? I might have some comments to make. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #4  

Plumber,

Can you explain this a bit better? I might have some comments to make. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #5  

I think I know what you're talking about. I have a 2520 with a 62D and my left front wheel kept hitting the ground and marking it - especially when the ground was too shady for grass and I had more delicate moss. I currently have the safety stop pin in the top hole of the wheel, and five additional visible holes. The last time I mowed like this it only hit when I was driving around a tree. Too bad I forgot to reset the wheel last time I attached the mower and when I hit a root I bent it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. It's off now until I can either pound it back into shape or replace it. Hope this helps!

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #6  

I think I know what you're talking about. I have a 2520 with a 62D and my left front wheel kept hitting the ground and marking it - especially when the ground was too shady for grass and I had more delicate moss. I currently have the safety stop pin in the top hole of the wheel, and five additional visible holes. The last time I mowed like this it only hit when I was driving around a tree. Too bad I forgot to reset the wheel last time I attached the mower and when I hit a root I bent it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. It's off now until I can either pound it back into shape or replace it. Hope this helps!

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #7  

Plumber--I actually investigated putting some grease zerks in the wheel shafts to help them spin better, and eliminate this problem. I haven't done it yet--so far I've been spraying the bottom section of the wheel assembly with some silicone type spray before mowing, and trying (old habits are hard to break) not to do any backing up and then mowing forward--this seems to be when I get the worst ruts as the wheels begin to turn sideways when backing up, and then dig when you start to go forward. I would also suggest the idea of moving the wheel up a hole on the set-up--I currently have 3 visible below the safety pin.

/ 62" ON RAMP DECK TROUBLE #8  

Plumber--I actually investigated putting some grease zerks in the wheel shafts to help them spin better, and eliminate this problem. I haven't done it yet--so far I've been spraying the bottom section of the wheel assembly with some silicone type spray before mowing, and trying (old habits are hard to break) not to do any backing up and then mowing forward--this seems to be when I get the worst ruts as the wheels begin to turn sideways when backing up, and then dig when you start to go forward. I would also suggest the idea of moving the wheel up a hole on the set-up--I currently have 3 visible below the safety pin.

It seems that the gauge wheel and the spindle both move freely but the front wheels like others have commented here like to position themselves sideways and ten dig a nice diviet in the grass .I have the wheels adjusted so that they are about level with the bottom of the deck

It seems that the gauge wheel and the spindle both move freely but the front wheels like others have commented here like to position themselves sideways and ten dig a nice diviet in the grass .I have the wheels adjusted so that they are about level with the bottom of the deck