64" snowblower on a NC TC33D

/ 64" snowblower on a NC TC33D #11  
I have been running a 60" on a 20HP gear tractor without any problems to speak of.
It is all about technique that you learn fairly fast.
Just don't take too big a bite.
In very deep snow falls I lift about 4" for my first pass and then take 1/2 width bites for those few huge events.
Other lesser events I blow full width with no problems.
Now heavy wet snow is a whole different story. Mostly frustration LOL.
Trick is to not stop as that is when the chute clogs up but that happens even with an 80 hp hydrostatic tractor.
You soon learn that a small shovel is your friend.
Waxes, oils etc don't really help as that wet snow just loves to stick to cold metal.
Plastic liners is probably the only thing that really helps.

Good luck. have fun.

/ 64" snowblower on a NC TC33D #12  
Been there, done that. Bought a 5' blower which was a front mount Yanmar, prior to buying a used TC33D. Converted it to rear mount and used it on a Case IH 1130, gear 2 wheel drive. Needed chains on the turf tires, which were a pain. Switched to the TC33D with filled rear R4's and have never had an issued with traction. My R4's are set dished in so my working tractor width is 5'. I was able to utilize the front mount hardware and it is now a front mount on the TC33. Again no issues with traction and yes, you get some tracking slop going through the curves. That will get cleaned up on the second or third pass. I have a gravel drive also and so you leave an inch or so of snow, pack it down and on subsequent snows let the blower ride on the ice.

The advantage with the rear mount compared to the front is that you can back that blower into that 6' high drift, cut the top off and then get the lower snow. I have to undercut the drift and hope the top falls to clean it up.

Try it without the chains, I ended up selling mine.

/ 64" snowblower on a NC TC33D #13  
Just an off the cuff comment

I move the tractor wheels IN for a narrow track. That really helps with manoeuvrability but cuts into chain clearance something awful.

/ 64" snowblower on a NC TC33D #14  
If the blower does not work out for you, I will come buy it from you. Need a good excuse to drive to VT during peak colors!

/ 64" snowblower on a NC TC33D
... used it on a Case IH 1130, gear 2 wheel drive. Needed chains on the turf tires, which were a pain. Switched to the TC33D with filled rear R4's and have never had an issued with traction...

I was able to utilize the front mount hardware and it is now a front mount on the TC33. Again no issues with traction ...

Try it without the chains, I ended up selling mine.

I have an east-facing hill on my driveway. Even with filled R4 tires, box blade on rear (lifted up), loader, backed subframe and heavy belly pan, I often don't have the traction to get up the hill with bare tires. The studded chains are a necessity for me if I want to get any winter work done.