650G will be the death of me

/ 650G will be the death of me #11  
If it's the head, how is water getting into the bell housing? The head is above the bell housing and doesn't bolt to it.

/ 650G will be the death of me
I'm getting some pictures for everyone.
Question, the instructions say to unbolt the chassis. Is this necessary to get the engine out, or simply make it more convenient to pull the engine out?

/ 650G will be the death of me #13  
I would say that it is supposed to make it easier??---might give more wiggle room??---according to directions,--it should slide straight out, if there is neutral pressure on the engine/frame/clutch parts etc.---clutch splines sometimes are a pain to get started to slide!---pilot bearing could be stuck in the flywheel too! thanks; sonny580

/ 650G will be the death of me #14  
Ok. I have a major issue. Tractor overheated, I thought it was the head gasket. Replaced and corrected. Hooked everything up.
Water is pouring out from the plate under the tractor to access the fly wheel. Here's the facts:

Head gasket replaced.
No water/coolant in the oil pan.
Tractor was running when I shut it off, no knocks, just overheating.

I'm hoping that there's a frost plug on the back side of the engine, but I simply don't know.
Otherwise, I'm looking at a severly cracked block. Water is running out quickly, nearly as fast as I'm pouring it in.

Any advice. Thoughts.

Check this link for a view of the rear of a 650G block. On second thought, I believe that is the front view. Sorry about that.

CYLINDER BLOCK FITS: S650G SATOH CAST # S244063

/ 650G will be the death of me
Ok. Well, I'm about to give up. The engine is out about 1/2 inch from the housing. Will not budge anymore. I even hooked up a chain to my tahoe and gave it a couple of jerks, with no effect.
I can reach me finger down to feel that it is in fact, the frost plug. My fear is that it was leaking for some time, and now has everything rusted tighter than ....well you know.
Would there be anything that I could unbolt that would help getting it out farther?

/ 650G will be the death of me #16  
I would imagine if it was the pilot bearing thats seized a Tahoe tug would have pulled it apart, or out of the crankshaft. So i'm thinking more like the disc is stuck on the trans input splines. With it back the 1/2 inch can you remove the pressure plate bolts? That way the disc and pressure plate will stay on the trans. The plate will drop onto the the throw out bearing retainer so be careful and let it down slow.

Just some thoughts....

Lee

/ 650G will be the death of me #17  
That is what I was afraid you would find!---the half inch dont give wrench room to take the clutch bolts out so the pieces could come out later,(anti-freeze is mean stuff when it comes to rusting up parts in a hurry! )
I will look on mine tomorrow and see if there might be something to remove to get access to the clutch! thanks; sonny580

/ 650G will be the death of me #18  
If you remove the steering column, you should be able to see down into the bellhousing.

Go carefully around, pull the tank and any steps or footwells that might possibly be in the way or connecting the halves together. Find another bolt or mounting bracket that is holding the tractor together, if anything. Make sure the steering and brake linkages are not the source of the binding.

If not, I would resign myself to buying a new clutch, and start spraying penetrating oil down onto the splines. It is much cheaper to do a clutch than it would be to replace any of the major broken parts (crankshaft, block, etc) by trying to force things and bending/breaking them.

/ 650G will be the death of me #19  
Hello guys, I have been reading your posts and have been learning more and more. My problem is that I do not know where to find any of the parts that I am looking for. I need a Head gasket set, Piston ring set and Rod and Main bearing set. I live in Canada and it seems impossible to find anything. Where do you guys get most of your parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tanar.