674 diesel fuel return line

/ 674 diesel fuel return line #1  

domains

Silver Member
Mines leaking, No pressure in the return line, I found black vacuum pipe in shed right size no more leaking , but friend tells me diesel will eat it up, but said he was not sure

Anyone know? thanks , its the really small pipe model, OEM has breaded cloth over pipe for no expansion i guess

/ 674 diesel fuel return line
Where do you buy just the pipe and cut it to lenght?

Can I use an ATV gas pipe? pretty much same size

/ 674 diesel fuel return line #4  
Go to an auto parts store and purchase fuel line, hose clamps and steel brake line

steel brake line? why

Its a very small pipe 1/4 inch thick

/ 674 diesel fuel return line #7  
steel brake line? why
You asked for pipe and it comes in smaller diameters such as that for fuel line. ATV or plastic line would probably work too, just don’t know how rigid it would be to clamp

You asked for pipe and it comes in smaller diameters such as that for fuel line. ATV or plastic line would probably work too, just don’t know how rigid it would be to clamp
I never saw a 1/4 inch clamp before but see them online, I used rabbit snare wire but one of the old pipes was leaking from a small hole, The big return fitting , not sure how to get on with heat or maybe soak in fuel 24 hours , heres a pic of it new

Attachments

• 3218124R1a.jpg
    3218124R1a.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
   / 674 diesel fuel return line #9  
Hose clamp, BUT alot of times you can squeeze fuel line on the leak off barbs and they won’t leak eliminating the need for clamps

They want 250$ Canadian for it shipped, its 150usd , maybe rare or hard to get that pipe on the bigger long fitting, Maybe try and get an addaper to make the pipe smaller?

Last edited: