69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ?

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #11  
The 3550 was only made 3 years in the mid 70's I think 74 5 and 6. I have a 75 model 3550 withthe canopy. Mine didnt have a shuttle but the trans mission has a hi lo and 3 forward gears and 2 reverses in either range. Its not quite a shuttle but works pretty good. I leave mine at work for loading smaller trucks with shavings.

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #12  
The original poster isn't the only one who has had mixed results trying to identify their machine, I've spent hours on it. It would be great if someone who knows they have a 3550 would post some picture to help those of us who still aren't really sure. :)

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #13  
I had the same experience, the people at CNH have absolutely no clue. A better bet is your local CNH dealer, there will be people there with real experience.

I notice you have a 49 vac in yer sig line.

I just picked up a vac, that I think may be a 49.. but data plate is gone. wouldn't mind pm'ing you a few questions.. like spin on oil filter number.. mines wore smooth and can't make out any numbers. I know I can match it by oring size and threads.. but would rather hear from a vac owner first.. :)

any other hints or tidbots would be great too.. I'm realitively new to case...

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #14  
Soundguy, I do thankyou!that does clear up alot..I plan on pulling the starter and checking the flywheel and bench test the starter on my days off..u dont have any good leads on some manuals on this thing do u?

plenty of sources for manuals, depending on what you want. of course dealer manuals are the best detail, and most expensive.

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #15  
I notice you have a 49 vac in yer sig line.

I just picked up a vac, that I think may be a 49.. but data plate is gone. wouldn't mind pm'ing you a few questions..
Ha ha, that would be fine, or you could just ask on your thread at the Antique Tractors Forum, I'm already a part of that conversation, lol.

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #16  
doin both ;)

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ?
Well I came up with a bit of good news I got the starter off and bench tested it, looks like a bad solenoid ,checked the teeth on the flywheel and they lookded good...now if i can just find all the fluid filters and check points, mainly on the hydro, ctphil gave me some leads, also there is a filter on the front of the radiator, i am thinking it was for the coolant?, keep the knowledge flowing!!,

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #18  
The filter in front of the radiator (Baldwin BT-5) is for the torque converter.

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ?
Thanks ctphil , on the filter info, I have learn alot about this old tractor..now I am having injector pump problems,, its stuck in the closed position after setting up for 4 years

/ 69 Ford backhoe 3500 or 3550 ? #20  
Thanks ctphil , on the filter info, I have learn alot about this old tractor..now I am having injector pump problems,, its stuck in the closed position after setting up for 4 years

which pump is on it if it is a cav you can remove the top cover and free the kill lever. if its a sims pump you can remove the inspection cover on the side of the pump and move the kill lever