6x4 (I think it's called) side by side

/ 6x4 (I think it's called) side by side
Don't have one (yet). First goal was to simply get it running, otherwise, I'd gotten rid of machine and saved the expense. I have manual for my tractor, mower and backhoe.... The service manual for my (15' hydraulically powered flexwing) mower, doesn't even tell me what type, weight fluid to use.... so I'm not always impressed with the manuals so I dig in first.

Initially, my goal is to get this thing essentially up & running. I'm trying to get some guidance before I have to get my hands dirty and simply find out on my own. (I was prepared to pull engine and do a full teardown, without the manual handy)

Replacement carb and drive belt are ordered. That will get me taking the drive train apart to a degree and then able to assess what I'm seeing. Then, take it from there.

/ 6x4 (I think it's called) side by side #12  
Richard, didn't I send you a PDF of the manual? if not, message me your email and it's on the way. As far as shifting, as low of idle as it will run is best, but the shift has to be quick and full or you'll hear lots of damaging grinding, we replaced lots of shifting pieces due to poor shifting.

/ 6x4 (I think it's called) side by side
If I remember right, the grinding of gears is a sign that the clutch buttons are wearing down.

Amazon.com

My tractor has something like those that slow the PTO down when you disengage it. I didn't know how to describe them so thanks!! I wondered if it had those.

@joecdeere I did send my email, I'll send again in case I did it wrong.