7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #1  

xcsp

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TN-55
:) Hello Well the weather was the best it has been all summer with a stretch of dry weather with n o rain could not believe it. My field was in desperate need of cutting and was it thick. we managed to get 400 bales :D I am happy it is over for a while and that we have nicer weather for the second cutting.

We baled monday and boy did it rain tuesday so we got it done just in time.
My moisture content is reading 14.5 for small bales is that good ?????????
The hay seemed nice and dry for baling it was really hot for the days with no rain it dried nicely. I am just afraid it lost some of its protein with it taking so long to cut.

Here are some pics of the baling operation .
Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008055-1.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008078.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008077.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008010.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008098.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008111.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008145.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008153.jpg

Firstcuttingbalinghay7-7-2008156.jpg

good luck everyone hope you have great weather for haying
Greg

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #2  
Great photos. Glad you got a break in the weather.

Is that your Yanmar 336D pulling that moco? What mfg/model moco?
How about the tractor and baler? Makes and models?

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #3  
The baler looks like a New Holland 565

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #4  
Nice pics, I just cut down another 7 acres tonight after the rain stopped. I am hoping this next week is nice so I can finish my first cutting (at least the one that matters). My first section I cut at the end of May is getting close to being ready for a 2nd cut and I am still finishing first:rolleyes:

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting
Flusher that is my Yanmar 336D pulling a Haybine 469 :) then when it was time to start baling My Yanmar had a flat rear tire:mad: so I called my brother up and he brought over his Kubuto tractor and it was hooked up to my brand new New Holland 565 baler.

His Tractor handled the baler a lot better than my Yanmar ,I think it was the extra weight of the loader that helped it alot.

Also Robert good luck on getting your hay baled and put away before any rain comes in:) the weather here in Ohio is nice and dry for 4 days thats great news for everyone to get their hay done.

I am getting such a late start on my second cutting but right after we baled we received a good thunderstorm top soak the ground.

I am just happy I got something done:D
Greg

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #6  
We started second cutting here in Northeast Indiana yesterday by cutting 20 acres of grass and 10 acres of Alfalfa. OUr New Holland 499 worked like a charm behind the Oliver 1800. Will be baling Friday and should have it all in the barn. It has been a tough year for hay, but we are still looking toward getting 4 cuttings from the alfalfa fields this year. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate.

Jim

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting
:) LAZY J the weather looks good luck on getting your hay done ,I am too hoping for a better weather patern for the second and hopefully 3rd cut:D

Have a great day
Greg

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #8  
Great pictures XCSP, those are some thick windrows!

Chet.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #9  
How much hay were you loading on that trailer behind the Polaris? I wouldn't have thought they could pull as much as what was on the trailer in the pics. The hay looks pretty nice in the pics.
We are waiting out t-storms again today in Oklahoma.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #10  
chh, exactly what I was thinking...didnt know an atv could pull that much. :)

xcsp: haw many acres did you cut/bale?