Rotary Cutter 7' Bush Hog vs Woods rotary mower

/ 7' Bush Hog vs Woods rotary mower #12  
LOL. I wish i knew what mine is. Some old thing that is actually the neighbor’s but i store it and use it. Works great.

/ 7' Bush Hog vs Woods rotary mower #13  
I have had both brands too, and I have three Woods right now, my present Brush Bull is the best cutter I've ever owned or used. I personally feel, you would have to go to a Brown to get a better built cutter.

Resized-20220609-163402-S.jpg

Personally, I'm not going back to Bushhog as the paint came off mine and under the paint the deck had cracks! Those cracks really killed its resale. Another thing, it was a total PITA to change blades, where Woods has a much better blade holding system.

Also, I've heard of more blown Bushhog gear boxes than Woods, and the woods gearbox problems were on batwings, the Bushhogs were on their std. cutters, so there ya go...

SR

/ 7' Bush Hog vs Woods rotary mower #15  
I have a woods ms8.30. Bought new in 2019, I have it hooked up to a 60hp tractor. It has had a bad vibration since new. Not a wobble when you first engage the pto but it starts vibrating all of a sudden while cutting and is prone to it unless it is adjusted perfectly where it wants to be then it still may. Woods said that is "normal on a twin spindle". I would not purchase another woods cutter in my life. This is my third cutter by the way.
I’ve heard about this issue with the smaller CUT’s/LCUT’s, but never on a 60+hp machine. I’m not saying your issue isn’t the cause of a poorly made cutter, but Woods is not the only company that has causes that “wobble” feeling.
And for those who may wonder, no we aren’t talking about bad/bent blade wobbles or those caused by bent PTO’s. This is a different feeling all together.

/ 7' Bush Hog vs Woods rotary mower #16  
I have had both brands too, and I have three Woods right now, my present Brush Bull is the best cutter I've ever owned or used. I personally feel, you would have to go to a Brown to get a better built cutter.

Another thing, it was a total PITA to change blades, where Woods has a much better blade holding system.
x2 on both comments. If you have the money and need the machine, go with a Brown. Otherwise my vote goes out to Woods, as I’ve never had an issue with any of their cutters/mowers that I’ve owned.