Ballast 7 foot bushhog with 4120

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #21  
I like a blunt cutting edge when cutting bushes and trees to reduce the changes of future flat tires.

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #22  
Do you know if the MX7 had a iMatch quick hitch or not?? Dealer sold me a mx7 for my 4720 but found out today it wont fit!!

Pretty much my thoughts too. Especially if you are keeping the 3320 and a 5ft 3pt hitch model for tight spots. I prefer the pull type mower for extended periods of use and feel ( to me) that the cut is better too.

I use an MX6 on a 4520 cab with 6) 70lb front weights with no problems Deere calls for 12) 70lb weights as I recall. I have tried out an MX7 on a 4720 cab which had the 12 front weights, seemed to handle fine and plenty of power to cut thick and fast. I wound up buying the 4520 instead for other reasons.

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #23  
I couldn't remember whether the tractor back in 2009 had an IMatch or not. Here is a link to Deere that appears to be Cat 2.. I really prefer the MX6 on these 4x20 tractors.

3-point hitch hookup

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #24  
To the OP have you looked into flail mowers?

Matt:thumbsup:

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #26  
Yes but the dealer thinks for my application there would be too much wear on the blades and make for lots of service work.

KB, that comment was aimed at the OP. Although not sure your dealer's correct on that one. Flails are pretty tough to beat.

Matt

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #27  
Sorry Matt,

I think lack of sleep had something to do with my response...I am not the OP in this thread. :eek:

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #28  
No worries John, I'm curious to the reasoning of your dealer's comments. Up here the state uses flails on highways and tree's up to about 3". I believe they use hammer blades on the flails.

Matt

/ 7 foot bushhog with 4120 #29  
So I assume the six footer does not go out past the tires. Does a 7? I need a cutter for a 4320. Is it a real pain if it does not overhang?