7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710?

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
Have a chance to pick up a 7 foot landscape rake with gauge wheels at a pretty good price. Am I going to be happy with this on a B2710?

Thanks,

Slim

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #2  
IMO you should be OK. I've just looked at Woods equipment specification table and they recommend 96" landscape rake for a tractor horse power from 20 to 40HP. So 84" would be smoother on a 27HP tractor.

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #3  
I have a 84" Land Pride landscape rake with gage wheels for my B2910. You will like how this size unit works on a B series tractor.

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #5  
Before I put gage wheels on I could spin it with top link at it's shorts length. Gage wheels will not allow the rake to turn. I believe its was because gage wheels hit ground.

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #6  
The 7' rake will be fine.... I just spent about
an hour or so using my 6' rake on my B2910 last night.

I was raking stone which is very heavy
and cutting compacted stone to reshape
a driveway. The machine didn't even know
it was back there...

I have the Medium duty Landpride... I like
it a lot... The guage wheels have a lot of
adjustment. lots of spacers of different sizes
allow you shaping options.

I did a driveway last night that was about 150
feet long. They tried to level it and caused
ponding in places...

I cut 2" off one side and moved it over to
the opposite side to pitch the water away.
I did this by angling the rake and adjusting
one guage wheel 2" higher than the other.
After I moved the material I leveled the
rake out and cleaned up the site...

It has a nice but slight grade to it... I went
over this morning because it rained hard last
night. Not a puddle!

Regards,
Chris

/ 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710? #7  
I have a B2710 and use a 6' super heavy duty homemade landscape rake. This rake is orders of magnidute heavier duty than any 6' or 7' rake that you can buy commercially. I have no problem using it in soil or gravel. Catching a root will stop the B2710 in its tracks but then agian even a large L series will spin too. A picture is attached.

I also have a 7' Landpride rake assembly without the hitch that I was thinking of repairing (needs a few welds) and making a bigger rake to eventually sell or just sell as is for anyone who wants to roll their own rake (PM me if local and interested). I would have no problem putting this behind a B2710.

Attachments

• 640430-new-7a.jpg
    640430-new-7a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 349
   / 7 Foot Landscape Rake - B2710?
Thanks for the advice. I picked this up today. It's built by that outfit in Bethel, Ohio... International or World or something. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif As usual with their stuff, it ain't pretty but it looks like it will do the job.

Took it for a little test drive out back tonight and I'm really pleased. Don't know how I got along without it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,

Slim