7-iron mmm?

/ 7-iron mmm? #1  

tglass

Platinum Member
Tractor
3320 w/cab
Has anyone else had problems hooking the front frame of their mmm to the tractor? Mine acts like the linkage is to short or I'm doing something wrong from the start. When I adjust it out it doesn't help or the deck level is way off.

/ 7-iron mmm? #2  
Having just purchased my JD 3320 w/ a 60" 7-iron MMM last spring, I haven't yet put the MMM back on since removing it last fall. I was going to do it this weekend, but yesterday we got a record-breaking 6 inches of slushy snow. I'm gonna wait another week or two before putting the MMM back on.

Wish me luck!!

/ 7-iron mmm? #3  
That's a great deck I wish they made one to fit my 2305. Think spring!!!

/ 7-iron mmm? #4  
tglass, you didn't say what tractor you have. I had the same problem on my 3720 until I figured out that the depth adjustment has to be backed off so the deck can drop all the way down. Hope this helps.

Dave

/ 7-iron mmm?
Yep, I have a 3320 w/72" 7-iron mmm deck cab model. Once I read that I felt pretty stupid, and everything fell into place. Now it's written on the front of the owners manual underlined in bold print. Thanks.

/ 7-iron mmm? #6  
I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm considering a used 3320 that has a 72" 7 iron MMM installed on it, and I was wondering about installation/removal procedures. I tried looking on the website but evidently they only have the manuals for the tractors, not the attachments, so I was wondering. I plan to use a loader, and will likely need to remove the mower for some of the areas I plan to operate in to help with ground clearance, and need to know whether it's reasonably quick to install and remove.

Otherwise I'll have to either pass on the deal or see if the dealer will cut the MMM out of the deal and substitute a decent 3 PT finish mower of similar size instead...

/ 7-iron mmm? #7  
tglass said:
Yep, I have a 3320 w/72" 7-iron mmm deck cab model. Once I read that I felt pretty stupid, and everything fell into place. Now it's written on the front of the owners manual underlined in bold print. Thanks.

When you guys say back the knob off does that mean lower the deck and unscrew the depth knob all the way or what?

/ 7-iron mmm? #8  
the_sandman_454 said:
I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm considering a used 3320 that has a 72" 7 iron MMM installed on it, and I was wondering about installation/removal procedures. I tried looking on the website but evidently they only have the manuals for the tractors, not the attachments, so I was wondering. I plan to use a loader, and will likely need to remove the mower for some of the areas I plan to operate in to help with ground clearance, and need to know whether it's reasonably quick to install and remove.

Otherwise I'll have to either pass on the deal or see if the dealer will cut the MMM out of the deal and substitute a decent 3 PT finish mower of similar size instead...

It takes about 5-10 minutes or so in a cement floor garage. Slower than that if you remove the wheels. I leave the MMM on all summer.

/ 7-iron mmm? #9  
BloomintonMike: When I back off the depth knob, I have the deck raised. Then I back off 6 turns from my depth setting of 2-3/4 inches. 6 turns is enough for me, but you may need more. For convenience, I place a piece of yellow electrical tape on the knob as a reference mark. This way I can reset the depth when putting deck back on without using depth gage (By the way, the inexpensive plastic mower deck gage sold by JD works just as well on the 7-Iron as it does on smaller mowers). Once you do it a couple of times, the deck can be removed and replaced in a few minutes.

/ 7-iron mmm? #10  
I realized when I put me 72" 7-iron this year that I do not have to remove the front left wheel to slide it under. That save a TON of time.

When I connected up my front connection it was very hard to rock the lever in place. When I did it it seemed to lift the front of the deck up as I rotated it.

It seems harder to remove the spring loaded pin with the weight of the deck on it.