7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #11  
I got it from my bobcat dealer, it was in the deal when I bought the 5610. I don't see how it could be too expensive. It is basically a wire harness that connects to the battery and goes into the cab to a switch box. Then the harness runs out under the armrest and up the boom to a 14 pin connector that mounts right next to the 7 pin.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #12  
FWIW, Bobcat does make attachment harnesses that can adapt a 7-pin attachment to 14-pin. At least they do for their snow blowers, that is. After looking at the wiring schematic of my BC snow blower, it appears to me that this setup causes the controller on the attachment to go offline and basically lets the 14-pin controller on the TC/Skidsteer have its way with the attachment.

The whole 7-pin versus 14-pin thing might be easier to visualize by looking at the wiring diagram for a SB200(or 240) snow blower at your dealer. Nowhere is there a direct (other than GND) connection between any of the 7-pins and the solenoids they are controlling on the blower. The signals off the 7-pin harness go to the on-board controller (read:computer) and it controls the solenoids. For better or worse I think BC, when they went with the 7-pin setup, was taking a page out of Apple's playbook.