70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota

/ 70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota #21  
The MF mid spec tranny seems pretty similar to the Landini, what do they call it the power 4 and power 5's. Electronic control of reverser, range split and declutch. Its hard to know, there are only maybe half dozen manufacturers of transmissions in this size with electronics on them.

Dropped into a cat/challenger dealer to see how similar their tractors are to the MF's, seem to be the same. Cab a bit different. Claim to have cat engines but I thought Perkins had some type of sub 100 hp agreement with cat.

Salesman knew nothing about ag stuff, couldn't tell me a thing about them.

WilliamBos said:
Only similar to the MF by using Perkins, from tranny back is all Italian Design. NO DYNA 4 or all that good stuff.

/ 70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota
Okay folks I started all this so I might as well tell you where I ended up. Did I buy a 70hp tractor? No. I ended up buying a TN95A. The incentive package on the TN95A was better than the TN75A, and in our area I believe there is some concern that the current price of fuel is going to make the larger utility tractors hard to sell. For a couple of thousand more, I was able to buy the TN95A (actual price was $31,000 for open station, MFWD, canopy, weight bracket, 820 NH loader - mid mount hydrolics, one rear remote and delivered). I also preferred the 4 cylinder over the 3 cylinder on the TN75A.

Thanks for all the advise, question and input from everyone. J. HOTCHKISS

/ 70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota #23  
hotchkiss said:
Okay folks I started all this so I might as well tell you where I ended up. Did I buy a 70hp tractor? No. I ended up buying a TN95A. The incentive package on the TN95A was better than the TN75A, and in our area I believe there is some concern that the current price of fuel is going to make the larger utility tractors hard to sell. For a couple of thousand more, I was able to buy the TN95A (actual price was $31,000 for open station, MFWD, canopy, weight bracket, 820 NH loader - mid mount hydrolics, one rear remote and delivered). I also preferred the 4 cylinder over the 3 cylinder on the TN75A.

Sounds like a heckuva deal on that TN95A.

/ 70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota #24  
Robert_in_NY said:
From what I learned they basically give you two options for the same basic 100hp tractor. If you are going to do mostly pto work like baling and such the 4 cylinder Sisu is a better option. If you are going to do draft work like plowing and disking the 6 cylinder Perkins is the better option.
Understood. I finally found your other thread and read that through, makes sense. What ever I get would be used for haying, mowing, and loader work. There would be tilage work involved but it would be limited to discing and seeding with a brillion type planter to start new or replant hay fields.

/ 70 hp Massey, New Holland or Kubota #25  
Nice.. and now qith the bonus HP.. you can do a few more tasks that may have been borderline before.

soundguy

hotchkiss said: