7010 by TYM?

/ 7010 by TYM? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Is the 7010 cab made by Mahindra or TYM? I see it is identical to the new Montana 70 series. What's the difference? Montana has Deere engine while 7010 has Mahindra? What else?

/ 7010 by TYM? #2  
Typically the Mahindra 10 series is made by TYM but may have different engines. It appears the Montana is identical to the TYM model (same engine)

Mahindra 7010 Cab
TYM-USA T700
Montana 70 Series

They look identical but the engine specs are different. I think they also source the attachments differently.

It looks like the Mahindra has a bigger engine but I'm not sure who makes it (one of the dealers here can probably provide that). The TYM has a Deere engine but the PTO specs are pretty much the same except that Montana lists the PTO HP a little lower for the same engine as the TYM. Personally, I haven't found much reliability in the manufacturer specs for tractors.

They all look pretty similar. Sounds like a great bargaining opportunity to play some dealers off each other! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 7010 by TYM? #3  
I believe that the engine is actually built by Mahindra. The specs are identical to the 6000 engine (displacement/# of pistons, etc), but the compression ratio is 18.4 to 1 vs. 19.4 to 1. I believe they used a small turbo unit on this engine to to boost HP from 59 (6000) to 72 (7010). Any takers on this? BobG in VA

/ 7010 by TYM? #5  
Does that mean that us 00 owners could add that turbo to get even more power!!!! HA HA HA!!!!

To be honest I don't know what I would do with more power. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's already a tank.

/ 7010 by TYM? #6  
I agree with your TANK assessment. Suffice it to say your Mahindra engine, if turbo capable, should last many thousand hours as a normally aspirated unit. BobG in VA

/ 7010 by TYM?
The specs are a little plain. I don't see any mention of a turbo. It is rated at 2hp more than the others. Undoubtedly the Mahindra dealer will give more in trade for the 6000. A turbo, In my opinion that's what the 6000 needs. My tractor (6000) pulls good and hard it could just breathe a little better on the low end to help it pull better. It would help in thick grass with the 8ft disc mower.