7060 shuttle transmission

/ 7060 shuttle transmission #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I am not a tractor expert so I have a question regarding the shuttle transmission on the 7060. It is described as a Forward-rev synchronized shuttle with full synchromesh standard. Is this the type of transmission where you clutch between forward & reverse? Or do you just move the lever back and forth? I am comparing Kubota's hydro shuttle.

/ 7060 shuttle transmission #2  
You use the foot clutch to change directions on a synchronized shuttle, but on a hydraulic shuttle, movement of the shuttle lever automatically activates the clutch pack.

/ 7060 shuttle transmission #3  
You use the foot clutch to change directions on a synchronized shuttle, but on a hydraulic shuttle, movement of the shuttle lever automatically activates the clutch pack.

Wish my 8560 had hydraulic shuttle :laughing: after moving 132 hay bales my left knee was sore :smiley_aafz:

/ 7060 shuttle transmission #4  
You need to use the clutch anytime that you change direction or change gears and or gear ranges. ;)

I have asked Mahindra VPs about a hydraulic shuttle and there response was that they would not be offering a hydraulic shuttle in any of the 60 series machines in the foreseeable future. :(