70A loader .... and other loader options for 955

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #21  
A good loader may seem expensive, but whatever the cost, it is WELL worth it! Everyone has different needs, but it will surprise you all the things you will end up using a loader for. I have only had 70A loaders, but they have worked great with no problems at all, and I think they still look the best on a x55 tractor. I do like the newer bucket better, so I ended up making a jdqa bracket for mine.

Attachments

• jd1.JPG
    jd1.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 396
   / 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #22  
The John Deere 420 and the 430 mount in the same way. So you could use 420 mounting brackets to put a 430 loader on a 955. The 430 has more capacity so your on your own there. John Deere does not recommend a 430 on a 955.

If you can buy a 420 for a reasonable price I would do it. I had a 420 on a 955 and it was a good combination. The 420 has better specs than a 70A by a considerable margin.

I would google the part numbers for the mounts you need. It's amazing what a person can find doing that. Good luck!

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #23  
A good loader may seem expensive, but whatever the cost, it is WELL worth it! Everyone has different needs, but it will surprise you all the things you will end up using a loader for. I have only had 70A loaders, but they have worked great with no problems at all, and I think they still look the best on a x55 tractor. I do like the newer bucket better, so I ended up making a jdqa bracket for mine.

You wouldn't be willing to share your plans or measurements would you. I'm looking to do the same thing with my 70A loader.