7210 magnum issue

/ 7210 magnum issue #1  

farmerjim

Gold Member
Tractor
jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe
hello guys its been awhile since ive been on here, just no time between cows and other life things. well we have a 7210 magnum at the place i work at it had been giving some trouble with a start then stall about 5 times b4 it would actually run, along with when driving it and you went to clear the dust off the window by using the wipers or adjusting the air seat it would just shutdown. we replaced the cab power solenoid and the power post that goes through the floor of the cab all was good for about 45min or so and it completely died and would only start and stall immediately tracked that down to a failed cab power solenoid jumped the 2 posts and it started and ran. got another new solenoid and put that in all is good except that i was getting a funny electric smell so i shut everything down and touched the solenoid it was very hot to the point that you couldn't touch it, i tested my voltage at the solenoid and it all looks good, i figured if there was a high voltage or high amp condition i would be blowing fuses or circuit breakers and possibly have melting wires. is it possible that the dealer is giving us the wrong solenoid, the nearest dealer is about 2hrs away so i cant drive out there ? if im not mistaken by looking in the manual this solenoid is continous duty. i asked them if the solenoid they sent is the correct one they said yes but i have my doubts as it doesn't look like the same one that we took out although im sure the design may have changed a bit, also it looks very much identical to the starter solenoid thats at the front outside of the cab, the 1 we replaced is in the cab behind the operators manual on the side wall where the fuses are. i think my next step is to see if i can get on case ih parts site and start looking up part numbers, if anyone has some info theyd like to share that would be great. thanks