72D Auto Connect MMM Height?

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #1  

Nuru

Elite Member
The mowing height on my 72D Auto Connect MMM is very low (~2") and it seems that it cannot get any higher. anyone else have this issue and resolved it?

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #2  
The mowing height on my 72D Auto Connect MMM is very low (~2") and it seems that it cannot get any higher. anyone else have this issue and resolved it?

yes I had this issue. even sent it back with no luck. decided to thumb through the deck manual and figure it out on my own since the dealer techs don't have a clue. I found that it was way out of adjustment. There is specs on how far the lift arms are to come into contact with the fuel tank guard if you have a cab, I found I had a couple inches to raise and adjusted the lift arms. Tomorrow im gonna remove the loader and install the deck so ill get some pics and specs for you. very simple adjustment. I think my deck raises about 4 inches off the ground with turf tires. Actually im 99 percent sure because I took measurements for someone else

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #3  
Same here. R3 = 4". The deck height will adjust from 1 1/2"-5" depending on the tire height.

NURU, If I had to guess either your R3 specials are a little shorter that our regular R3, or something isn't adjusted right. Like I mentioned in the another thread, the lift arms should be no more than 1-2mm off the guards..

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height?
yes I had this issue. even sent it back with no luck. decided to thumb through the deck manual and figure it out on my own since the dealer techs don't have a clue. I found that it was way out of adjustment. There is specs on how far the lift arms are to come into contact with the fuel tank guard if you have a cab, I found I had a couple inches to raise and adjusted the lift arms. Tomorrow im gonna remove the loader and install the deck so ill get some pics and specs for you. very simple adjustment. I think my deck raises about 4 inches off the ground with turf tires. Actually im 99 percent sure because I took measurements for someone else

Those pics will sure help. I will also take a pic of mine at full transport height.

Same here. R3 = 4". The deck height will adjust from 1 1/2"-5" depending on the tire height.

NURU, If I had to guess either your R3 specials are a little shorter that our regular R3, or something isn't adjusted right. Like I mentioned in the another thread, the lift arms should be no more than 1-2mm off the guards..

My Turf Specials are 41" high and the non-autoconnect decks work fine and I get plenty of clearance. But with this deck, it only raises up to about 2" of cutting height and I have to force my shoe beneath the deck (while it is off ). Definitely not right.

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #6  
Someting needs adjust

Those pics will sure help. I will also take a pic of mine at full transport height.

Here are some pics at the current full transport height.

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMAG0306.jpg
    IMAG0306.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 563
  • IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 527
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 501
  • IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 486
  • IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 446
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 560
  • IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 527
   / 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #8  
Just to clarify - when you say 2" are you measuring blade to ground or edge of deck to ground?

Honestly I dont think anyone at any JD dealerships knows how to set up the 62D/C or 72D decks.. I have R4 tires and I am CUTTING at about 4 to 4.5" in the highest position control setting (adjustment knob on the 2320) - transport height is several inches higher

Brian

Just to clarify - when you say 2" are you measuring blade to ground or edge of deck to ground?

Honestly I dont think anyone at any JD dealerships knows how to set up the 62D/C or 72D decks.. I have R4 tires and I am CUTTING at about 4 to 4.5" in the highest position control setting (adjustment knob on the 2320) - transport height is several inches higher

Brian

Blade height, the edge of the deck is lower, as in 1"? I am beginning to think based on the comments in the forum that you may be right.

/ 72D Auto Connect MMM Height? #10  
Ok, so it seems I have almost 5 inches of height. Mine is adjusted so well that the auto connect feature works 99 percent of the time. The second picture shows how I can just barely fit my finger between the lift arm and fuel tank skid plate. The last picture shows where to adjust the lift arms. adjust both sides at same time. It will require you to remove and attach the deck several times till you get it right. You may have to adjust the drag on the front attaching hardware as well. If you get stuck doing this, I will have to scan my mower deck manual for you and send it to you. I can already see by your pictures where the lift arm meets the fuel tank skid plate that the delaer really screwed up the install. Freakin typical of those idiots. You have a ton of adjustment left
image_zps05fb8e05.jpg

image_zpsdf7efa2e.jpg

image_zps5ecdfdd7.jpg

Last edited: