'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #21  
Yeah a push button start switch would be just like my momentary key switch.

I wired the white wire (#1 wire) up through the oil pressure switch and proved that it works, but I'm fairly certain that the alternator is bad. I am going to take it off and get it tested. That will at least confirm that my wiring job isn't the issue.

Here's a few more pictures I snapped with it idling and the hood removed.

Maybe someone can help me out with my confusion on my hydraulic controls with these pics...

Can someone tell me where I can find this floor board bracket?

I think I actually saw some on ebay going on right now. Those would be easy to find at most MF'S salvage yards. Google on in your area.

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #22  
I see what your talking about on the wiring. All that wiring needs to be taped up when done wringing it out.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #23  
Yea, but I don't have a key switch that has a on setting. You just turn the knob to engage the starter and let go.

I believe the start button or knob stays hot on one side, so basically it does the same thing without a key.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #24  
I believe the start button or knob stays hot on one side, so basically it does the same thing without a key.

If that's so its always hot? I guess it has to be.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #25  
Here's a few more pictures I snapped with it idling and the hood removed.

Nice looking tractor! With a little TLC, it will shine up like new money. I'm not familiar with those specific valves, but they appear to be diverter valves for hydraulic remotes.

Can someone tell me where I can find this floor board bracket?

The part number for the step plate bracket is 508469M2. It's commonly available but isn't cheap ($60). Here are a few links to various vendors who carry it. Alternatively, salvage yards are also a good place to look.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
I'll check on ebay and see what I can find. Anybody else have the auxillary hydraulics like mine?

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #27  
Lug Nut, That auxiliary hydraulic valve set up is worth some cash on e bay.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #28  
The dual hydraulic valve is a standard Massey Ferguson attachment. Yes, you are correct based on my conversations with a dealer, the left hand handle has to be pulled toward the seat and locked in the detent for the draft and position controls to work. My tractor has the same valve and it operates the same way. The right hand handle will control either a single acting cylinder or a double acting cylinder. This feature is controlled by a screw- in valve on the front of the valve. This screw in valve needs to be screwed in all the way to operate a double acting cylinder and out for a single acting cylinders.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #29  
You can see the parts breakdown on agcopartsbooks.com by searching accessories massey ferguson and click on 100 series. this will give a listing of all accessories for massey 135 tractors. scroll down to auxiliary hydaulic valve 2 spool 10591a91. This should be the one on your tractor. The dealer told me that there were basicly two style knobs on the handles that best describe the valve you have, one with round knobs and the other more tubular or oval. part no 31 is the valve I spoke of to change the valve from single to double Change only the right hand one if you do or else it may affect the three poing operation.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #30  
Lug Nut, That auxiliary hydraulic valve set up is worth some cash on e bay.

Saw one on ebay for $350 bucks.