7320 Shuttle Shift Problem and Possible Fix

/ 7320 Shuttle Shift Problem and Possible Fix #1  

MickeyDBC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PC & NX4510HST
I have a 3 year old 7320 that started having some strange transmission/clutch problems a couple of months ago. The main symptom, was the clutch pedal stopped working but at other times the forward/reverse lever also quit working. Turning off and restarting the tractor would fix it, at least temporarily. Weekend before last it started acting like I was randomly pushing in the clutch pedal, so not good. Stopped by the dealer and they said that had seen a couple of failures of the transmission control module (about $700 to replace). The module is under the cab floorboard and has a pair of large multi-pin connectors. Before spending that much money I decided to clean the connectors with CRC electronics cleaner. Took about an hour and a 10mm deep socket and it seems to have fixed it. I am going to order some cleaner/preservative and O-ring grease for the next time it happens, but for now it seems to be fixed.

/ 7320 Shuttle Shift Problem and Possible Fix #2  
I have a 3 year old 7320 that started having some strange transmission/clutch problems a couple of months ago. The main symptom, was the clutch pedal stopped working but at other times the forward/reverse lever also quit working. Turning off and restarting the tractor would fix it, at least temporarily. Weekend before last it started acting like I was randomly pushing in the clutch pedal, so not good. Stopped by the dealer and they said that had seen a couple of failures of the transmission control module (about $700 to replace). The module is under the cab floorboard and has a pair of large multi-pin connectors. Before spending that much money I decided to clean the connectors with CRC electronics cleaner. Took about an hour and a 10mm deep socket and it seems to have fixed it. I am going to order some cleaner/preservative and O-ring grease for the next time it happens, but for now it seems to be fixed.
I hope that fixes it permanently.... sounds like it will. Good idea about the grease!