75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank...

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank...
that would negate the OP's original intent of getting straps or forks under it which was the whole reason to put 2x's under it in the first place (to create a gap)

Hey MNJ, Schmism hit it on the head. I want to keep an open channel so I can get something under there (Insert "underwear" joke here).

I may end up welding a cradle for the tank that has a steal lattice bottom to give it max support.. and with six legs under it?

Attachments

• tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 60
   / 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #13  
Hey MNJ, Schmism hit it on the head. I want to keep an open channel so I can get something under there (Insert "underwear" joke here).

I may end up welding a cradle for the tank that has a steal lattice bottom to give it max support.. and with six legs under it?

Oops on my part for reading this stuff late at night. Anyway, a lattice like your second design would work, or if you want to stick with wood, how about the following using your original design as a basis.

1. Cut two 2x6's for the longitudinal frame members.
2. Cut one 2x6 the same width as the frame will be, and mount it on top of the first 2x6's forming an 'H' as I suggested before.
3. Cut four 2x6's the same length as the wood in item 1 minus 5.5". Place these in front of and behind the member from item 2. This will bring the frame equal in height all the way around, yet allow forks to come in from behind the tank.
4. Cut four 2x6's 5.5" long and mount on the underside of the members from item 1 at the ends; thereby forming feet. These feet will allow side entry of the forks and lessen the amount of wood in contact with the ground.

If I didn't describe this idea worth a darn, let me know and I'll whip up a quick sketch.