750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #11  
I pulled these from a google search, but it gives an idea of what his stuff would generally look like...

EA08086E-E930-42A1-831D-45707CBC981E.jpeg A00BE6D5-3BFE-468E-86F4-1794E45A3092.jpeg 367A0DA8-4C1C-4F59-AB13-07862744BFCA.jpeg CB54B030-B5B8-42D5-8216-CB3308C8B6C5.jpeg

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #12  
This is one of the many things I do in excavating. We just did a concrete tear out 2 days ago. We use a Skidsteer with 8k forks mostly. Fork under a slab and lift it up. Drop and break any that needed to be smaller. We stack them and dump them into our dump truck. Lots of places take the concrete waste. Many around us take it for free.

Depending on water issues and soil structure (your climate to be more specific ). You should be able to re do the base fairly easy if you have a good grade around the drive that sheds water your in easy. We usually use crushed concrete as a base compacted very hard around 6” thick minimum. Concrete guys have been very happy with that and warranty their work. I live in good ol weather wild Michigan. So some methods differ.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #13  
Do you already own a tractor with a loader? I'm all for renting, but if I already have something, that's what I'm going to use. In my experience, concrete breaks up pretty easy once you get that first piece in the air. Then you drop it and it breaks into smaller pieces that are easy to pick up with the loader bucket.

At my place, I like to use busted up concrete to fill in ditches and control erosion. I haven't done anywhere close to what you are doing, so it's going to take a lot longer, but like everything, you just put in the time and eventually it gets done.

I would be very happy to have that much concrete all piled up somewhere. I would use it when I needed it and hope the pile lasts a long time.

Now that I have goats, I've found that chunks of concrete work great for blocking holes under the fence that the baby goats work their way through. The little guys are very persistent at finding weak areas under the fences to the chicken area, and they really don't have anything better to do then try to get to the chickens food. One or two good sized pieces of broken up concrete work great for this. Unfortunately, it's a never ending war that the baby goats never give up on!!!

The farther you move any type of bulk material, the more expensive it gets. Find a place as close as you can to the road where it's not an eye sore, and pile it up there.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #14  
Rent a skid steer and find a dump trailer. Shouldn’t need more than 8 hours rental. If you don’t want to or can’t haul away the pieces, then pile them up somewhere. Nothing special to break up a crappy concrete job. Just pick up chunks.

But take it from someone that always wants to recycle stuff. Don’t bother, get rid of it and move on. The pile of concrete will be there for years, because it will be cost prohibitive to crush it.
You may want to crunch the numbers on that. 750 x 10 x 4“ will generate about 340,000 lbs of debris.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #15  
You may want to crunch the numbers on that. 750 x 10 x 4“ will generate about 340,000 lbs of debris.
Not sure what numbers you are referring to in my post. But nothing too controversial in what I said. 1 day rental to pile up concrete in a way to haul it out is doable for me. But I am told I am pretty fast…

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #16  
I'm thinking more like an excavator and dump trucks to get the slabs out, dig some of the base out, roll some 4" rock for some solid base, cover with crushed and roll again.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #17  
If you use a jack hammer it will take twice as long. Double operation. A set of forks should be all you need to break it up and move it. Then maybe the bucket to finish the clean up.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #18  
Bite the bullet and pay to bring in dump trucks and haul it out. Alternatively maybe hire a large excavator and dig a big hole and burry it. It’s going to be an eyesore any other way.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #19  
Bite the bullet and pay to bring in dump trucks and haul it out. Alternatively maybe hire a large excavator and dig a big hole and burry it. It’s going to be an eyesore any other way.
Around here the Dump Truck owner/operator will know someone that wants it. That person will pay the trucking. So all you gotta do is load it. I'd break it up and have it piled in several piles when the truck shows up. So he isn't waiting to get loaded.

/ 750' Concrete Driveway Demo/Refinish Help #20  
Trucking around me runs about $85-$105 a hour. I try to keep my round trips about 1-1.5 hours for site to dump/materials pit and back to site. 1200sqf was 3 loads in our tri axle dump with it broken up decent. On big pond jobs we usually sell off the excess to locals and everyone’s happy. Make a few phone calls to your local excavating companies. You might be in for a surprise. A lot of smaller shops also expand on using job wastes. Someone might haul it free.