Mowing 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #1  

KaylDeere

Tractor
John Deere 755
Hello I have been searching for a belly mount mower for my dads 755 that he bought when I was 2 ever since I bought my house. I managed to score one off of an 855 complete with owners manual and in what appears to be nearly unused condition. The problem is I cannot seem to successfully mount it to my tractor. I have already discovered through alot of time on google that I will need to change the driveshaft. However everything else "should" work. I have the 855 links which should be fine according to the manual as I have the 33" tires, however these still seem too long, as do the front draw bars, need help!

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #2  
That's because the frame of the 855 and 955 is physically longer than the 755. You'll have to come up with a set of drafts bars from a 755.

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems
On JD's parts site they list the same part number for the draft bars for all three models, as does the mower manual...
However, I did just find that the front frame brackets are different! Can anyone confirm this?

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #4  
I see the 755 and 855 do list different part numbers for the front bracket as you say. I was not aware of any difference in that area so I do not know if that is a problem. I believed the mower deck attachment points are the same, and the frame length difference was simply handled by the longer drive shaft. Can you more completely describe what you think does fit and what does not. Does the front bracket not fit?

Also this recent thread could be useful to you.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/251209-755-mmm-do-i-have.html

I have read through that thread and did not identify any obvious issues from it. The bracket will indeed go on the frame of my tractor, however the front draft bars are way too long, the only way I can get them on is if I raise the rear of the deck with the lift arms at which point the deck is horribly out of level (front dragging rear all the way up.) It also does not lift very high at all, however it sounds like that may be normal.

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #6  
This is a pretty rough measurement, but if your draft arms are way too long as you say it may be helpful. The straight line horizontal distance from under the point where the arm attaches to the front bracket back to the attaching pin on the deck is a little over 19 inches plus or minus. Also make sure your rear draft arms are attached.

Attachments

• Draft20.jpg
    Draft20.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Draft19.jpg
    Draft19.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 697
  • 755 deck80001.jpg
    755 deck80001.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
This is a pretty rough measurement, but if your draft arms are way too long as you say it may be helpful. The straight line horizontal distance from under the point where the arm attaches to the front bracket back to the attaching pin on the deck is a little over 19 inches plus or minus. Also make sure your rear draft arms are attached.

Definitely further forward where the draft arms mount, my bracket puts it directly under the rear pin! Thanks!!!!

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #8  
I have to do some digging in the shed but I may have the front draft assembly.

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #9  
When I first installed my 60" MMM from another 855 to my 855, I had to unscrew the clevis ends from the front draft arms, clean well with a rotary wire brush, lube liberally with anti seize compound and adjust for my tractor.

You may have enough adjustment in those threads to make it work.

Good luck

/ 755 Belly Mount Mower Mounting Problems #10  
how long should the driveshaft be for the 60" mower on the model 755? I have the same problem and I can easily adjust the arm length but the driveshaft is another problem...