8 ft box with 38 HP tractor?

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #1  

hks003

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 LS G3038
Hi,
Would a 38 HP LS G3038 handle an 8 ft box blade? Found one at an auction for dirt cheap.

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #2  
I would think 6' would be more appropriate. 8' would be more of an anchor.

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #3  
It might be alright for light surface dragging. For burying the rippers and trying to move any dirt it would be useless. And it’s going to stick off the sides 18”. It would be a huge pain to maneuver around things.

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #4  
I would fix a driveway with it, but not dig a pond. :)

Bruce

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #5  
I can strain my 44 H.P.,/7000 lbs,4WD with a six footer.8' is too big for yours.

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #6  
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to take high spots off, you will probably be fine. If you want to take off 3-6" all the way across, you will probably be a little.

Aaron Z

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor?
Ok, it sounds like it's going to be too big for my needs. Thanks everyone!

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #8  
Also if you want to find the weakest links on your 3 pt hitch, go for it. Otherwise a 6' would be better, maybe even a 5' if you have heavy grading to do.

/ 8 ft box with 38 HP tractor? #9  
I ran a lighter 6' King Kutter box behind a L3200 (60" track 3k lbs). It did ok for most stuff but not great. I now run a 74" Gannon behind my over 5k 40hp L4060. Much heavier box & works much better.

I assume that big box will be either to heavy or to wide for a 40hp machine by a good margin. Weight & traction means more than HP for a box blade though.