80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon

/ 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon
What's the last photo. The overgrown one

That must be the "before" picture.

Yep, before picture. Next up is some brick columns which will hide the posts, and a keyless entry pad. Had thought about making the columns then mounting the gate to them but didn't have time to learn how to build the columns yet.

My profile picture also gives a view of it when we bought it.

Every time I look at the picture it looks like the gate isn't level. When I was setting the posts, It kept drawing my attention, I check and rechecked numerous times. It's perfectly level, just an optical illusion because the drive slopes to the left at the gate but about 20' past it slopes to the right.

/ 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon
Another comp

Attachments

• DSC00888.JPG
    DSC00888.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 144
  • DSC01084.JPG
    DSC01084.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 169
   / 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon #134  
The black berries are a noxious weed here. They are ok tasty, better varieties exist but these are making a mess of the pnw. We spray and Mow to control.

/ 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon #135  
Wow, just wow. Went through the whole thread. I built about 2 years ago on a private road. I am a half mile from the main road, but there are several neighbors out here. I had to extend the road, bring in the power, etc but on a much much smaller scale. the progress you have made and the work you've put in is amazing. Hopefully the building process gets started and you can enjoy living in the haven you have created. Keep it up and the pictures are awesome!

/ 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon #136  
That's a nice-looking gate. Do you have a game camera watching the gate? If I installed something like that here, some yahoo would come along and steal the controls, especially the solar panel! Of course a swinging gate in snow country isn't so good; I'd need one that raises into the air.

/ 80 Acres- Eagle Creek, Oregon #137  
Naw...after you've mowed them several times, they wont get any sun to energize the roots and they will die.....Ummm, I mowed momma's patch, so they would rejuvenate.....OOOPS....I got a rejuvenation right in the seat of my pants....