800 series sos trans

/ 800 series sos trans
Well I found out the 800 series tractor ain't a 800 series, it's just the trans that is. From what I found out its an 621-62, the torque converter and the 4 speed trans, plus the front half has olive drab paint, so I think it used to look like this

Attachments

• image-608004226.jpg
    image-608004226.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 138
  • image-609657065.jpg
    image-609657065.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 131
   / 800 series sos trans
Does the 134 engines have sleeves

/ 800 series sos trans #13  
it depends.

look at your oil filter... you have 3 options on oil filter.

1, canister style that takes a replaceable element

2, a conversion plate and nut/oring, you remove the canister and install the conversion plateand oring, this lets you use a spin on oil filter.

3, the block is virgin prepaired for spin on oil filter with no conversion plate.

from what I know, if the block is prepped for a spin on using no conversion plate.. that indicates no sleeves. this would likely be a later machine.. ie.. early 60's.. so it all depends on when your block was built.. and what it came off of.

if an eraly block.. bet on sleeves.

soundguy

/ 800 series sos trans
Thanks SG, the engine on the 640 has a canister and the one on the other tractor is a spin on also that engine has a block off plate where the fuel pump would go,

/ 800 series sos trans #15  
that block off plate one may have been an industrial application unit.

/ 800 series sos trans
I was wondering if it could have been a factory crate engine, I know when Chevy I think in the early 90's engines had the fuel pump boss cast in the blocks and if you ordered a crate engine it came with a block off plate

/ 800 series sos trans #17  
replacement engine, industrial, etc.. etc..