Price Check 84 Ford 1110

/ 84 Ford 1110 #1  

G4III

Found an 84 Ford 1110 4x4 for $4300. Good deal or not? Has loader, 6 foot blade, pto with 1100 hours. Seems to be in good shape and runs well. Bucket operated a bit slow but it was very cold out and the machine hadn't been running long, is this normal or a potential problem? Anything particular to look for with this model?

/ 84 Ford 1110 #2  
keeping in mind it's a lawnmower sized machine and all.. what did you plan on doing with it work wise.. answer that before we address value..

soundguy

/ 84 Ford 1110 #3  
keeping in mind it's a lawnmower sized machine and all.. what did you plan on doing with it work wise.. answer that before we address value..

soundguy

Please don't take this the wrong way Soundguy as I do have respect for your posts and knowlege. I have seen you refer to these smaller machines as "lawn mower size" in what seems like a derogatory way.

Among other tractors, I have owned a 4x4 1210 for many years and I have to ask you:

What lawn mower can move and spread 10 ton of top soil in 1-2 hours?
What lawn mower can hook up a bush hog and cut 6 foot grass?
What lawn mower can clear snow from a residential driveway in 15 minutes?
What lawn mower can bury the rippers in a box blade and drag it around like it was nothing?
What lawn mower can lift 850 lbs on the 3 pt and 650 lbs in the bucket?

You get the idea.... These are smaller machines but given a little more time they can accomplish a lot. They are much better than not having one.

To the OP, this sounds like a decent deal. The loader alone is worth an easy 1800.00 and if it is mechanically sound it would be a great tool for a smaller piece of property up to around 5 acres. Try and run it until it warms up good and then check the loader cycle times.

/ 84 Ford 1110 #4  
nevermind.. I'm outta here.

I said what I said for very specific reasons.

I wanted to know what work he planned on doing so as to advise if he needed bigger or not.

IE.. what he wanted to lift in that front loader as it's lift specs are a tad crippled since it is a scut compaired to a CUT sized machine.

please RE READ my post. i didn't call it a lawn mower. i called it a lawn mower SIZED machine. my buddy has a 1220.. his buddy has a 25 hp craftsman.. which is LARGER than it is. I'd take a tractor over a lawnmower ANY day.

I think my yanmar 1700 and IH cub and allis G all qualify as LAWNMOWER size as well. I never said anything diminutive about his machine.

have fun.. later-

/ 84 Ford 1110 #5  
I just bought a ford 1110 without a loader for $2,300 from Bingham farm machinery Inc in North Vernon IN