84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12?

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #21  
I have a 90" large capacity (light material) bucket that i use on my Massey 1652... For snow, firewood, mulch, etc. I've moved little bits of dirt with it but i think it's a 1.3 yard bucket and there's no way i could actually load it with dirt and lift it with my tractor. My track loader can handle it tho, but it would probably damage the bucket in no time. As a snow bucket, it's a beast. Works excellent for that task.

Like others have said, having multiple buckets is the key. I currently have 7 buckets and use them all depending on the situation.

1516215787310.jpg

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #22  
In my opinion, it is not the bucket that matters. It is the tractor and loader that count. If you don't have the arms and frame work to support the load, the bucket is not going to matter much. If you do not have a front end on your tractor, the bucket is not going to matter much. And in my opinion.that is that problem with new stuff. You say you have a 90 inch bucket, I have an 84 inch bucket. The frame work on my koyker is quite a bit beefer. Biggest problem I've had is trying to keep the back end on the ground if I do some serious loader work or lifting. I generally use a big round bale as a ballast weight on my big tractor. Only thing that just totally was a no go with my loader was the front of a combine. It literally lifted the rear of the tractor, big bale and all. This new stuff is so light weight it just breaks and falls apart if you want to do some serious loader work.

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #23  
Re: 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12?

In my opinion, it is not the bucket that matters. It is the tractor and loader that count. If you don't have the arms and frame work to support the load, the bucket is not going to matter much. If you do not have a front end on your tractor, the bucket is not going to matter much. And in my opinion.that is that problem with new stuff. You say you have a 90 inch bucket, I have an 84 inch bucket. The frame work on my koyker is quite a bit beefer. Biggest problem I've had is trying to keep the back end on the ground if I do some serious loader work or lifting. I generally use a big round bale as a ballast weight on my big tractor. Only thing that just totally was a no go with my loader was the front of a combine. It literally lifted the rear of the tractor, big bale and all. This new stuff is so light weight it just breaks and falls apart if you want to do some serious loader work.
I don't know who you're always trying to win an argument against... But yes, everyone knows by now that YOUR old tractors are amazing and all new tractors, especially YOUR "new" tractor, is garbage.

The new tractors also have fairly safe hydraulic reliefs built in, especially Kubota... So it's unlikely that the OP will destroy his tractor with an 84" bucket, any different than he would by using his 72" bucket. Either the tractor will lift the load, or it won't. 2200lbs in a 300lb 72" bucket weighs the same as 2100lbs in a 400lb 84" bucket, with the caveat that IF the 84" bucket has a "deeper" bottom and extends the load out further, then the load will be heavier if that material is farther away from the tractor. I can overload my 72" bucket and under-load my 90" bucket. I can also damage my tractor with my 66" bucket depending on how i load it and what i do with it. It's not Breaking News.

An intelligent tractor operator should be able to learn and understand the operating limitations of his Equipment, so that he doesn't constantly damage his front end or loader welds.

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #24  

TSO.
You are correct on several points. First:the refief valve will generally prevent damage. 2nd: Multiple buckets for various applications is the secret to performng assorted different tasks wirh efficiency.
Lastly is the message to Phillip W. Don't be combative. I had to learn that lesson as well. Post your opinion and let it go. Some might agree, others may not. Challenging a reply is NOT likely to change any minds, Asking questions of a position?. Ok, but if you do Not know where the line is drawn between snarky behavior and sincere discussion, error on the side of caution. Just FYI

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #25  

TSO.
You are correct on several points. First:the refief valve will generally prevent damage. 2nd: Multiple buckets for various applications is the secret to performng assorted different tasks wirh efficiency.
Lastly is the message to Phillip W. Don't be combative. I had to learn that lesson as well. Post your opinion and let it go. Some might agree, others may not. Challenging a reply is NOT likely to change any minds, Asking questions of a position?. Ok, but if you do Not know where the line is drawn between snarky behavior and sincere discussion, error on the side of caution. Just FYI
Kind of how we got here I think is a guy was asking about putting a 7 ft bucket on his Kubota. Now, let's say you got a 7 ft bucket full of sand or gravel or something, you got a lot of weight. I was trying to caution him as to whether his loader arms and front axle would handle it. Some fellow boast about putting 7 ft buckets on Kubotas all the time. That is basically when I pretty much said I'd put my koyker #5 up against the Kubota loader. I know farm king makes a loader I would not want to challenge, but anyone familiar with the koyker #5 knows it is an older loader, a discontinued model and when it comes to strength pretty hard to beat. You can basically look at it and tell it is pretty tough and rugged. Specs say it will lift 3500+. It isn't just my koyker #5, everyone that I know who ever owned one never worries about hurting the loader. It is the front end of the tractor that you got to worry about. Been a lot of front axles and spindles broke on all different brands of tractors over the years. I guess I'm just a guy that like the old rugged iron brute strength. Seems like I always got someone apple cart upset on this tractor forum thing.

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #26  

Kind of how we got here I think is a guy was asking about putting a 7 ft bucket on his Kubota. Now, let's say you got a 7 ft bucket full of sand or gravel or something, you got a lot of weight. I was trying to caution him as to whether his loader arms and front axle would handle it. Some fellow boast about putting 7 ft buckets on Kubotas all the time. That is basically when I pretty much said I'd put my koyker #5 up against the Kubota loader. I know farm king makes a loader I would not want to challenge, but anyone familiar with the koyker #5 knows it is an older loader, a discontinued model and when it comes to strength pretty hard to beat. You can basically look at it and tell it is pretty tough and rugged. Specs say it will lift 3500+. It isn't just my koyker #5, everyone that I know who ever owned one never worries about hurting the loader. It is the front end of the tractor that you got to worry about. Been a lot of front axles and spindles broke on all different brands of tractors over the years. I guess I'm just a guy that like the old rugged iron brute strength. Seems like I always got someone apple cart upset on this tractor forum thing.
You're not understanding a very simple point. On these newer machines, they designed the front end and the loader to lift and manage a certain amount of weight. And they put in place a hydraulic relief system that will not allow the loader to lift more than the intended weight. Unless you adjust the hydraulic relief to allow the machine to lift more than they intend, it is unlikely that you will damage the loader assembly or the front end. Will it ever happen on random machines? Sure, anything is possible... But it certainly isn't the norm, otherwise you'd see thread after thread discussing broken loaders.

Even if you put a 10ft bucket on the front of his Kubota tractor, it's still only going to lift what the hydraulic relief allows it to lift. You can't fill up a 10-foot bucket with these machines and lift it. The relief kicks in and it just won't happen, thus preventing you from damaging the loader or front end.

His machine will easily handle a 7-foot bucket, depending on the material and amount of material he fills it with. If he ends up putting too much material into his 7-foot bucket, the machine simply won't lift it because the relief valve is in place, and he will have to adjust his load and try again.

The point of this thread is not to hear about how aaammmmmaaaazzzziiiinnnggggg your old Koyker #5 loader is...

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #27  
I got stress cracks in the factory massey loader. Numerous front axle issues. Dealer finally admitted the are having issues with front end on tractors with heavy loader usage. Now according to you the relief valve should prevent me from lift anything that should damage the loader or the tractor. Well I can basically throw that idea out the window. When you got a bucket of dirt up on the loader and you go to turn the wheels and the steering cylinder breaks something has a design flaw because according to you with the relief valve should prevent prevent you from picking up too much. You digging and you are using 4 wheel drive for added stability and traction. You got a bucket full of dirt and you try to back up. Pop, there goes the front axle. With the relief valve, you shouldn't be able to lift enough to cause a problem. If I own a 30 hp 4 wheel drive tractor with a factory loader and five bucket and can't dig a hole with it, then it is not much of a tractor. Guys that really use their tractors have had problems. I 've seen it, a guy have a loader rated at say 2100 lbs and he's feeding a bunch of cattle and setting 3-4 big round bales per day. The continual weight, stress and flex of that type usage and next thing you front trouble and or loader trouble. He never over loaded his loader. The Brute strength you need just isn't there despite what some salesman at the dealership tells you. My guess is that probably 50% of the people never really work their tractors heavy. That is why I contend that in town or a little 10 acre plot my mf 1531 would probably be ok. And why do you suppose out here in the heart of ag country you are seeing much of anything but mostly John Deere and case-ih??? Are we just a Bunch of hay seeds that don't know nothing about tractors???

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #28  

I got stress cracks in the factory massey loader. Numerous front axle issues. Dealer finally admitted the are having issues with front end on tractors with heavy loader usage. Now according to you the relief valve should prevent me from lift anything that should damage the loader or the tractor. Well I can basically throw that idea out the window. When you got a bucket of dirt up on the loader and you go to turn the wheels and the steering cylinder breaks something has a design flaw because according to you with the relief valve should prevent prevent you from picking up too much. You digging and you are using 4 wheel drive for added stability and traction. You got a bucket full of dirt and you try to back up. Pop, there goes the front axle. With the relief valve, you shouldn't be able to lift enough to cause a problem. If I own a 30 hp 4 wheel drive tractor with a factory loader and five bucket and can't dig a hole with it, then it is not much of a tractor. Guys that really use their tractors have had problems. I 've seen it, a guy have a loader rated at say 2100 lbs and he's feeding a bunch of cattle and setting 3-4 big round bales per day. The continual weight, stress and flex of that type usage and next thing you front trouble and or loader trouble. He never over loaded his loader. The Brute strength you need just isn't there despite what some salesman at the dealership tells you. My guess is that probably 50% of the people never really work their tractors heavy. That is why I contend that in town or a little 10 acre plot my mf 1531 would probably be ok. And why do you suppose out here in the heart of ag country you are seeing much of anything but mostly John Deere and case-ih??? Are we just a Bunch of hay seeds that don't know nothing about tractors???
Well you may be a hayseed but that's not for me to judge.

I definitely agree that the build strength of the loader on my Ford 550 backhoe from the 70s is way heavier than that of my 2012 Massey compact. However, your experience seems to be isolated. We don't hear many people damaging their loader assemblies or front ends by using the loader. Yes, we do hear some, but they are few and far in-between. I will say that in the 1000 hours I put on my 52hp Massey compact, 75% of those hours included loader use, most of which were heavy usage moving heaping loads of dirt and gravel. I use my machine commercially. I don't baby it. And yet, I haven't damaged my front end and my loader still looks great and functions perfectly.

I'm not saying that post to state how amazing my machine is. I'm saying that to prove a point. Machines in this class are fully capable of being used to their limits for extended hours without breaking. There are many operators on this forum who use their machines as heavily as I do without damaging the loader or the front end. Your experience with your small compact tractor is not consistent with the experiences of most other people on this forum.

Also, dealer saturation to an area is not an indication of quality. There aren't many John Deere tractors at The Farms or homes in my area. The sod farmer where I get my sod used to run New Holland but switch to Massey the few years ago and hasn't looked back. It seems like the most popular tractors around here are Kubota, Case, Massey, New Holland, Kioti. Just because there are not a lot of Deere tractors doesn't mean that Deere tractors are junk. It just means that the people around here like to buy other machines and the dealers have done well at surviving and expanding their customer base over the years. In my opinion, for example, it would be naive to think that just because you might see a lot of Chevy cars in your area that it means that Chevy's must be the best cars to buy.

Last edited:
   / 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #29  
You got some valid points. Around here everybody seems to know everybody and every bodies business. About one or two non-popular brands in the neighborhood start having problems and that tractors going to be a hard sell. We did have a fluke freak accident a few years back when a loader arm broke on a case-ih when a guy was feeding cattle. It upset the tractor and crushed him. The was a large settlement out of court but the size of the settlement seems have a gag order. Nobody is talking. But you got to a farm auction and guys are always debating John Deere vs case-ih. It's like Ford vs chevy who won. My allis Chalmers sticks out like a sore thumb around here. I only know of two other guys in about a fifty mile radius that have an allis Chalmers. For what I gave for it, it is almost like stealing it. Except for consumables it has done me a good job. As far as a koyker #5 loader goes: they were a good all around loader that was pretty rugged and hard to beat. Lot of guys were putting them on various 50+ hp tractors. Like I say don't know anybody that had loader trouble but there were a few front ends that got ko(d). And I have junked out some old machinery, combine and whatnot. Yeah I've jade some huge loads up on that allis. Yeah, like anything else it could break an arm or something. But I run with the reputAtion and performance history and don't really worry about the loader. The front end of the tractor is what I worry about. Luckily the old allis has held up well. I don't really know what the rating of that front axle is. As far as my 1531, it was a darling of a tractor for 800-900 hours. After that it is one trouble after another. I have kind of attributed alot of it to loader us. That is what the dealer said, but maybe they just tell you what you want to here. I do.know that.if you keep stressing and flexing metal over time, the metal will develop stress cracks and eventually fail. And you do see more kubotas, new hollands, kioti, mf and what not when you get close to town, say near kansas city.

/ 84" Too much bucket for Kubota M7060 HDC12? #30  

No offense intended, you are wrong about newer equipment. I've worked the snot out of my Kubota FEL for 5 years mostly using a Grapple. No complaints. Not even a leaky cylinder. My Kubota FEL has put stresses on the tractor that would make the designers shake their heads. I'm not bragging on Kubota, I'm simply saying there is some very high quality brand name FEL's in use today that will discredit your claims.