850,950,1050 power steering flow divider

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider #1  

vt woodchuck

Tractor
John Deere 730 2cyl w/pony, Kubota M6950dt
I'm trying to install power steering on a 850,. I have everything but the p/s flow divider block. The JD part # is AR93303. this divider was used on both early and late production runs. Only difference is location. I've contacted numerous used parts suppliers, incl: JD dealer (obsolete), All states, Shafer, Kentucky, Yanmar USA, and others. Does anyone know where I can get one? My next move is to contact manufactures such as Parker/ Hannifin and others. Does anyone out there have a 850-1050 with p/s. I noticed in the picture in the parts book a data plate on the divider block. If you have one, could you please share the info on the tag with me. Hopefully it might state who made it.
Thanks for you time
Mike

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider #3  
Both of my 1050's have - Modular Controls
(Villa Park,Illinois)
#MCD-1444-6T

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider
Thanks for replying to my post.
JD110: I spoke with Roland Jackson, very nice and a pleasure to talk with, said he didn't have what I was looking for, but asked me to keep in touch and he would help in anyway he could. He also gave me several contact numbers to try, but to no avail.

Barry1: I'm not sure what you mean by modular controls. Do your 1050's have P/S? If they do, could you look on the left side of the tractor under the seat there should be a divider block attached to the side rock-shaft housing, w/ 4 steel lines going to the P/S and SCV.
On top of the valve block, just forward of the relief valve, the books, (parts/service), show a tag, that might show who the manufacturer of the valve block is. Again if your 1050'S do have P/S, could I impose upon you to tell me what the tag states. I might be able to go the Mfg., hopefully get one.
Everyone's help is greatly appreciated.
Mike

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider #5  
That IS what the tag says,and they both have power steering. That is who made the valve-"Modular Controls" #MCD-1444-6T

Barry:
Thank you so much. That is the most Information I have gotten on this valve. Now I have something to go on
Thanks again,
Mike

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider #7  
I'm trying to install power steering on a 850,. I have everything but the p/s flow divider block. The JD part # is AR93303. this divider was used on both early and late production runs. Only difference is location. I've contacted numerous used parts suppliers, incl: JD dealer (obsolete), All states, Shafer, Kentucky, Yanmar USA, and others. Does anyone know where I can get one? My next move is to contact manufactures such as Parker/ Hannifin and others. Does anyone out there have a 850-1050 with p/s. I noticed in the picture in the parts book a data plate on the divider block. If you have one, could you please share the info on the tag with me. Hopefully it might state who made it.
Thanks for you time
Mike

Ah, you did hit some of the ones I would have posted like SHEAFFER'S and WKY Japan tractor salvage. If Len Sheaffer can not find it, then it's a really hard part to get today.

The original Yanmar OE PS system has a design flaw and will leak over time. Hoye in TX sells a better unit, but it does cost a nice shinny dollar for it With that even said, they are sold out at the moment too.

The divider block is very similar to a TXV block for automotive AC. Just that the fitting ports are a different metric size.

Here's my parts contact listing for Yanmars YM/F/FX and JD 50-Series, 90-Series & 70-Series all made by Yanmar.

FREDRICKS EQUIPMENT
1312 South Bethel Rd.
Decatur, AL 35603
PARTS HOTLINE - 256-751-3555
email - parts@fredricksequipment.com
NEW On-Line SHOPPING - Shop - Fredricks Equipment Parts - Your home for Yanmar, Mahindra, and Bad Boy Mower parts!
Yanmar; YM / FX / F / Ke, John Deere / Kubota / Iseki / Mahindra / Others

HOYE TRACTOR PARTS INC.
2099 US Hwy 287 E
Iowa Park, TX 76367
PARTS HOTLINE - 940-592-0181
Contact page - Yanmar Tractor Parts:
On-Line Shopping - Yanmar Tractor Parts:
Yanmar Parts / John Deere / Yanmar Marine engine parts

SOUTHERN GLOBAL
404 First Street North
Wiggins, MS 39577
PARTS HOTLINE - 866-742-5748 Toll Free
email - sales@southern-global.com
On-Line Shopping - Southern Global Tractor
New parts for Yanmar / John Deere / Others
Japan Tractor Salvage Yard
Engine overhaul/rebuild kits

NCW TRACTOR PARTS
GONE due to covid19.

STEVENS TRACTOR PARTS
3715 Highway 71
Coushatta, LA 71019
PARTS HOTLINE - 800-333-9143 Toll Free
email - sales@stevenstractor.com
On-Line Shopping - Tractor Parts Ford, Mitsubishi, Massey Ferguson, John Deere & Farmall Cub | Small Farm Equipment | Stevens Tractor Company LLC
Japanese and Domestic Tractor Parts for many makes and model brands
Engine overhaul/rebuild kits

WEAVER'S COMPACT TRACTOR
22 Fish Hatchery Rd
Shippensburg PA 17257
PARTS HOTLINE - 717-477-9332
On-Line Shopping - https://www.compactractorparts.com

ALL STATES AG PARTS
10 Ellefson Dr
De Soto, IA 50069
email - support@tractorpartsasap.com
PARTS HOTLINE - 866-609-1260 Toll Free
On-Line Shopping - https://www.tractorpartsasap.com
13 Locations for tractors and parts, 10 salvage yards, and 2 repair centers all in the Mid-West

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@sheftractor.net
On-Line Shopping - https://www.japanesetractorparts.com

TRACTOR JOE PARTS
14385 23 Ave N
Plymouth, MN 55447
PARTS HOTLINE - 888-860-9096 Toll Free
On-Line Shopping - https://www.tractorjoe.com/yanmar
Strong Yanmar Gray Market parts provider
Offers a comprehensive selection of equipment and parts for US Yanmar & Yanmar Gray Market tractors

BMAVERICK:
Thanks for the reply. I will try several of the contacts on your list I have not called yet. I thought I had one, but when they tested it it turned out to be bad.
Can you give me more info on the TXV block for a/c? I might be able to modify it, to make it work.
Thanks
Mike

Well I asked the good Lord to help me find a flow divider. I don't know how many calls I made, trying to track down one of these things. I was about ready to give up and scrap the idea, or Modular Controls to see about remaking one that hadn't been made since the 70's. I actually spoke to someone at M.C. that said they still have the drawings and specs.
Something told me to check E-BAY one more time, and there it was, second item down, NEW OLD STOCK, still in the box. I couldn't believe it.
Thanks to Barry1 for the Mfg. name and part number. Big help.
mike

/ 850,950,1050 power steering flow divider #10  
Well I asked the good Lord to help me find a flow divider. I don't know how many calls I made, trying to track down one of these things. I was about ready to give up and scrap the idea, or Modular Controls to see about remaking one that hadn't been made since the 70's. I actually spoke to someone at M.C. that said they still have the drawings and specs.
Something told me to check E-BAY one more time, and there it was, second item down, NEW OLD STOCK, still in the box. I couldn't believe it.
Thanks to Barry1 for the Mfg. name and part number. Big help.
mike

:cloud9: Indeed you are blessed sir.

Even with the exhaustive list above, the Lord works in His ways.