8540 Is Here! Picture

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #11  
That is one nice machine. You will enjoy it I am sure. I keep reminding my wife to take some pictures some when we are working, but she forgets the camera... oh well, next time..

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture
Wow what a difference. Just for an update and in case anyone else reads this looking for answers: I am now running the hand throttle at 1100 rpm and work in second gear. While working brush I use low range then when the grapple is full and I need to drive to the pile I put it in high range. I am loving the shuttle shift.

To all the compliments: Thanks!
No buyers remorse here.

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #14  
Very Nice monster you have... I am way jealous:thumbsup: send some more pics in with a car or something in those jaws:thumbsup:

AndyG

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #15  
Wow what a difference. Just for an update and in case anyone else reads this looking for answers: I am now running the hand throttle at 1100 rpm and work in second gear. While working brush I use low range then when the grapple is full and I need to drive to the pile I put it in high range. I am loving the shuttle shift.

To all the compliments: Thanks!
No buyers remorse here.

The more you use it, the better you will like it. I kind of miss the end of mowing season.:laughing:

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #16  
Very nice !
I use my 3rd function for a post hole digger, bring your RPM down when you hit the button. You will be surprised at how much that helps.

I don't see why it would be hard to put a regular spool valve in the third function line....although maybe that's just me; does anyone know? Until I read this thread I didn't even know that my 3rd function didn't feather because I've yet to use the 3rd function (aux front hyd) on the M59.

Also, put me on the side of the low RPM tractor guys. Ever since tractors started using variable speed diesels about 30 years ago I've been running all mine at 1500 rpm or even a little less. We never lug them, just don't rev them to max. Much nicer to live with. We hardly ever find a reason to go to full rpm.
rScotty

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #17  
TripleR said:
Very nice tractor.:thumbsup:

I would love to have a grapple, but $$$$$$$$$

I have never used a grapple, but I don't run any of my tractors at PTO speeds when using a FEL as they work well at much lower RPM's and I dislike the the way the loader jerks and reacts at this speed.

I use the foot throttle a lot while doing FEL work with my M8540. I don't vary engine speed as much on my L5030 due to the HST, but do for transport and run it at about 1500 or a little more.

Experience will show which works best and I am still on the learning curve with our M8540, but love it.

I just bought a rake grapple. $1375 shipped. Works good and has 5 yr warranty. Got in 3 days after ordering it.

/ 8540 Is Here! Picture #18  
tr11439 said:
I just bought a rake grapple. $1375 shipped. Works good and has 5 yr warranty. Got in 3 days after ordering it.

Mine is a 60" on an L4400. I have the skid steer upgrade on my loader. They have larger grapples available (72") if you are interested.

Attachments

• image-952275284.png
    image-952275284.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 96