861 oil persure

/ 861 oil persure #11  
Mike,

My 861 is a diesel and I completly re-wired it from stratch. if you're still having issues understanding the wiring harness I believe I can help. Let me know.

Thanks. Tom

/ 861 oil persure
i havent had a chanch to look at it very much i guess the factory starter button went out and some one put a button were the key switch goes my main question is on the righthand side is a switch the guy i got it from told me you turned it when you sta rted the tractor i thought it was for the manafold heater wich aint hooked up any wayi left it on by mistake and it ran the battery down and it looks to me to be hooked up on the ground side of the battery thanks for your help mike

/ 861 oil persure #13  
would need lotsmore info to go on that where one side of a mystery switch goes.

where's the other side go?

/ 861 oil persure #14  
Hi Mike - if you don't already have a battery disconnect switch on there, it might be a good idea.

I like this style:

Top Post Battery Master Cut-Off Switch | Princess Auto

(Canadian prices are usually 2x USA ones, even with our dollar at par or better.)

For an old diesel, you won't need the bypass fuse - gives you a fuse holder to use somewhere else.

The green knob has a threaded stud on the bottom, that makes the electrical contact when tight. Give it a turn or 2 loose, and the battery is totally disconnected. Unscrew the knob and remove it, and somebody would have to remove this fitting and reconnect the battery before they could start the tractor.

On many older tractors, add-ons often get wired directly to the battery, as opposed to the ignition switch.

Until you get all the wiring sorted out, this would help you avoid draining the battery, or letting the smoke out of the wires !

Always important to remember - electrics run on smoke - once you let the smoke out of the wires, things don't work anymore ! ;)

Rgds, D.

Last edited: