8N Ford Will not start

/ 8N Ford Will not start #11  
Would not even consider it for what you have stated your uses to be for it.

agreed... who wants a pull start only.

Also.. 6' is a bit large for an 8n. ok for a finish mower.. but a 5' hog is about all a N wants.

Now. it COULD be that the start issue is a electrical issue.

IE. bad cables, or worn starter, and weak battery, and that the starter drags the bat down preventing enough primary current to hit the coil.. etc... but without testing it.. i would not bet on it.

A look at the plugs and a compression test would tell you more. Most sellers won't let you get that far in.

I'd avoid it and invest my 2250$ elsewhere.

heck.. go newer.. get a 6xx/8xx and be technology ahead...

/ 8N Ford Will not start
Thanks to bcp, motownbrowne, NC419N, LD1, murphy 1244, joefromga and sound guy for your thoughts and suggestions. I kind of thought that even with all the extras that are not matched to that particular model tractor that they were included to sell the tractor for sure. Thanks for the input as I now realize I really would end up with nothing but a possible big headache. Will look and research more for something that is better.

Thanks again.

BridgeBoy

/ 8N Ford Will not start #13  
I'm about 4 hours south of you and I have a 9n that runs and drives with a sherman trans. I have it on craigslist for $1200 and I'm not even getting any calls on it. This tractor starts with the push of the button and doesn't smoke so I think even though his is an 8n his price is way out of line. For the price he wants you can get a better later model with more options.

Kirk

/ 8N Ford Will not start #14