8n hydraulics

/ 8n hydraulics #11  
Well....When I seen the 2800 I thought you got taken. Then I seen all the attachments and that changes everything. I think you did allright. If ya wanted, you could probabally sell ALL of the attachments and get your $2800 back. That is like getting the tractor for free:thumbsup:

/ 8n hydraulics #12  
I don't really need the Covington planter, reckon what would be a fair price to get for this, it must have 20 different sweeps and a wheel attachment for the back, it has some different plates also.

check tractorhouse and other forsale sites for an idea on that planter.

soundguy

/ 8n hydraulics #13  
Well....When I seen the 2800 I thought you got taken.

a 53-62 model naa / 00 /01 series for 2800$ doesn't constitute being taken.. while not a steal if it is a bisic 4 speed model.. it's still not bad.

ugly ones with a few issues can go as low as 1800.. but an average good runner that looks good will be mid 2k's$ even without all that equipment. as you said..that stuff makes the tractor free.. etc.

soundguy

/ 8n hydraulics #14  
a 53-62 model naa / 00 /01 series for 2800$ doesn't constitute being taken.. while not a steal if it is a bisic 4 speed model.. it's still not bad.

ugly ones with a few issues can go as low as 1800.. but an average good runner that looks good will be mid 2k's$ even without all that equipment. as you said..that stuff makes the tractor free.. etc.

soundguy

You are correct. I thought we were still talking an 8n. I forgot that he said it was not an 8n, rather a later NAA or 00-01 series:confused2: my bad.

/ 8n hydraulics
Finally got it all home today, had to make a couple trips and a lot of loading and unloading, the back rim does have a nut on it, will try and bleed th hydralics in the a.m., the hydraulic pump has a allen wrench type plug on the top front and I am assumimg this where I need to start bleeding it, the eq I got with the tractor is in good cond, the 5' disc is a sealed bearing type, with a large screw adj to adjust the angle on the gangs, the back set of gangs will flip up on the forward set, the seed sower has never been used, fair 5' bush hog, exc 1 row cultivator and the Covington planter looks pretty good, it has 4 different sets of sweeps, and a beat up 6' box blade, think I will keep ther disk and sell the one I have now, also came with an older Dearborn 6' disk that needs a little tightning up, someone told me planter ought to be worth around 500.00, think I'll stick it on CL's tomorrow., will post when I get the lines bled, the old tractor runs good, doesn't look to special.

/ 8n hydraulics
Bled the air at the pump and lift started working, a little jerky the first couple times and then smoothed out, still a little quiver when coming up, thanks for all the info, now what am I gonna do with it, already have a Kubota L2950/Fel and Ford 1910,

/ 8n hydraulics #17  
axle nut means naa then..

yep.. bleed from that plug.

hopefully it is a piston pump ( cylindrical ).. and not the old vane pump ( square. )

soundguy

/ 8n hydraulics #18  
Not sure of the difference but I had an 8N before and the fluid was NOT UTF, but heavier. Was having problem with lift staying up and took it to dealer. I had been putting UTF in it for years and it's thinness finally got to the point it was causing problems. Dealer drained and refilled and it worked perfectly.

/ 8n hydraulics #19  
8n and NAA are different beasts.

oem oil in an 8n was similar to a 90wt gl1 gear oil.

UTF is fine for the 8n, and for the naa.

if your lift in the 8n was worn out.. that's why the utf was having issues.. not the oil.. but the wear.

utf or aw hyd fluid ONLY in a NAA hyds sump.. NO GEAR OIL!!!! can make the pump cavitate..

soundguy