8n pto issues

/ 8n pto issues
Those gold colored ones won't hold up. 8N needs an orc to make it function close to a modern tractor, which have them inside. Or hydraulic.
If it blows up I'll tell him to get a clutch instead but the one he has is substantially heavier than the 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 converter he was using before. I expect he will destroy something anyways if he ever gets it working. He can't get it through his head that you can't rototill at 3.7 mph. It's really irritating me they he won't listen it's getting too the point I hope he gets it all running right then completely destroys something so I can say I told you so

/ 8n pto issues #12  
An orc does nothing for a tiller, the ground stops the tines when you remove power, he doesn't have a rotary cutter, that's what would require an orc. The shaft is the same length as the old shaft there is not a different length shaft available that I'm aware of
Some people lift the tiller up without turning off the pto especially on the transmission driven pto's.

I used the short 1 -1/8 shaft on my TO-30 with a machined 1-1/8 to 1-3/8 adapter and never had a problem. Those stamped steel ones should not even be sold, in my opinion.

Last edited:
   / 8n pto issues #13  
An orc does nothing for a tiller, the ground stops the tines when you remove power, he doesn't have a rotary cutter, that's what would require an orc. The shaft is the same length as the old shaft there is not a different length shaft available that I'm aware of
The replacement shaft on my TO-30 which is the same part as the 2N, 9N, and 8N is longer than the original 1-1/8 inch shaft