8n wheel spacing

/ 8n wheel spacing #1  

j250trxr

Tractor
New Holland 3930 4wd, Ford 8n, Sportsman 800
Just picked up some 3 piece wheel weights made in Kaukuana,wi for my 47 8n, and I have my wheel spacing set at 60" according to the FO-4 ford manual. At this set up I get 48" inside to inside of my rear tires, that gives me 24 inches center of pto to inside of rear right tire. I should have 25" according to Ken. [Before you plow, setup your tractor so you have 23 1/2" from the center of the tractor drawbar to the inside right rear tire. 25" for 2-14" plows and 27" for 16" plows. Ken Sweet]. I am going to be using a 2 bottom ferguson 14-AO-28. The problem is with the current wheel spacing the wheel weights will stick outside of my wheels and tires by about 4". So I am wondering if any of you have the 3 piece weights made by roloff in kaukuana,wi how you have the wheel spacing set up, and and how the tractor does pulling a 2 bottom plow if you have to change the wheel spacing to fit the weights? Thanks Justin

/ 8n wheel spacing #2  
keep in mind you may find slight differences in measurements based on if you have newer loop rims, or older hat rims, and also on the centers used.. wheel spacing effects tire to ground spacing.. weights won't alter the tire spacing... though may effect your measurement location, if a weight is in the way.. etc..

soundguy

/ 8n wheel spacing
I think I have to use the 52" wheel spacing according to the FO-4 manual to get the style of wheel weights I have to sit inside the wheels/tires. Could you explain how the wheel spacing Effects tire to ground spacing? Not sure what that does/means. First tractor lots to learn!

/ 8n wheel spacing #4  
uh.. if the rims are farther apart.. so are the tires...???

if you add weights mounted inside the rim, the tire nor rim spacing doesn't change.. though your measured distances inside to inside may change due to the offset of the weights. that's all i was saying. ie.. if a book or source says 'xx' inches from inside of rim to inside of rim, and you have weights installed, that 'xx' is going to be less.. etc..

soundguy

/ 8n wheel spacing #5  
I'm not familiar with N's so much, but most wheel weights go one the outside of the rim don't they? Are these designed to only fit on the inside between the fender & rim - that would be different. If mounted on the outside of the rim, doesn't matter if the weights would stick out 2 feet, the tire is still where the tire should be.

If these are inner only weights, can you find a setting where the rim is moved out, but the tire is moved in on the loops, so you stay about where you are?

--->Paul

/ 8n wheel spacing
here is a pic of my weights

Attachments

• wheel weight.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,548
   / 8n wheel spacing
wheel spacing effects tire to ground spacing.. < That is what I was questioning. I think you mean wheel spacing effects tire to tire spacing.

Paul, yes these only go on the inside. The 52" wheel spacing is what I need to use these. The 64" or 68" spacing would also work.

Not my tractor but the same style of weights I have.